Data Scientist \u2013 Model Validation
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Customer Analytics team. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
Funding Circle's Model Risk Management team is looking for a data scientist to work on model validation and monitoring projects within a dynamic team. Model Risk Management is required to verify that models are performing as expected and to mitigate the model risk by effective challenges through critical analysis and disciplined development and implementation processes.
At Funding Circle, Data Scientists are quantitative analysts who can extract meaningful business insights from data, and leverage technical knowledge and modeling skills to conduct appropriate analysis and critique. They collaborate with the country risk team and the business teams to provide analytical input for the model development and strategy building. This strategic role ensures that any risks are highlighted effectively in a timely manner.
As a data scientist working on model validation and monitoring, you will review the integrity and comprehensiveness of risk models independently and communicate findings, statistical analytics results and actionable business conclusions with stakeholders effectively
- Performing model validation and relevant quantitative analyses to test the performance of the models - credit risk rating scorecards, stress testing, cash flow, financial crime, and other models
- Reviewing models with respect to accounting requirements, investor requirements and internal standards
- Communicating validation findings, statistical analytics results and actionable business conclusions with stakeholders effectively
- Ensuring complete and accurate documentation of model validation
- Providing reporting to model risk governance forums
- Conducting analysis to support the validation management during ad-hoc projects or special investigations
- Working collaboratively with Model Development teams, Business Unit Chief Risk Officers and Business teams across the company to achieve best practice
- Highly competent in quantitative skills with an academic background in Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics or similar fields
- Experienced developing or validating retail and corporate credit risk model is an advantage
- Proficient in analytical tools like Python or R, and associated statistical model libraries
- Proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and adequate analytical methods
Why join us?
- An excellent problem solver with the ability to translate complex problems into clear and simple stories
- An open minded, collaborative and personable individual who is able to identify with our Mission, "To build a better financial world"
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.