My client is an accomplished systematic hedge fund with a highly competitive trading platform, currently managing $60 Billion. Following great success in 2020, they are now on the lookout for experienced data scientists to help them build out their new Quantamental alpha team, in either London or New York.
The Role - Data Scientist
As a data scientist, you will be working on large noisy datasets and extracting meaningful information in which to support portfolio managers and their investment decisions. This information could come from various alternative sources and will require you to recognise any relevant patterns and trends quickly. Once you have extracted useful information, you will then have to present your findings to the research team.
- Data Scientists with strong hands on research experience (2 - 4 years). Applicants will have ideally spent time at a top franchise on either the buy side or sell side.
- Suitable applicants will preferably hold at least an MSc degree in a technical discipline (Maths, Computer Science, and Statistics).
- You must be proficient in Python, SQL and Excel.
- Competitive compensation package
- A collaborative culture
- Opportunity to progress within the firm
- Exposure to working with various types of strategies and asset classes