Data Scientist - Customer Analytics
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the "Risk & Analytics" team. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. About the role
Would you describe yourself as a data fanatic? Do you have a passion for analysing data to help build the best decision models? If you answer yes to these questions then we're looking for you to apply! We are looking for a Data Scientist to help create these leading risk models. You'll help by:
- Defining analytical frameworks to facilitate problem-solving primarily on Existing Borrowers
- Recommend optimal business strategies based on historical performance, predictive analytics and scenario analysis to implement these in market with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with the marketing team to devise ongoing customer management through an integrated multi-channel strategy
- Create and maintain automated management information reports to track business performance across business areas and for external parties such as institutional investors or regulators
- Use statistical analysis to design in-market testing or predictive models whilst creating and improving on best practices to be used across the Funding Circle analytics community
- Ideally, although not essential, experienced within financial services, e-commerce or marketing
- Coding background preferred with SQL, R, Python or SAS
- Proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Excellent ability to translate complex analytical outputs into clear, simple and actionable stories
- Open minded, collaborative, great to interact with
- Identification with our Mission, "To build a better financial world"
Why join us?
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative/finance related field
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.