Harrington Starr are currently working with a leading Hedge Fund who are currently seeking a Data Scientist to join their firm in a role where you will be working closely with senior stakeholders within the business to help them take advantage of AI across key areas in the business.
In this role within this Hedge Fund, you will be in a multi-faceted role where you will be handling vast amounts of data, with a proactive remit to create products and opportunities using data.
You will be responsible for data science strategy with a knack for quantitative data analysis.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent understanding of Machine Learning techniques and algorithms, such as Naïve Bayes, k-NN, Random Forests etc.
- Strong Python Scripting Skills
- Strong SQL, and/or Hadoop
- Degree in Mathematical or Computing field, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science etc.
- Understanding of Applied Statistics
- Experience developing data products or solutions
- Quantitative Data Analysis understanding