Data Scientist - Applied Science
End Date Salary Range
£58,626 - £65,140 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours Job Description Summary
Builds machine learning prototypes, and opportunities for advanced analytics across Group. Provides insightful, high quality complex information and advice to stakeholders.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading digital bank and biggest mobile bank with nearly 14 million active online customers across our three main brands.
We believe in supporting colleagues to achieve their potential - delivering the best outcomes for customers and society. And our scale enables us to offer genuine opportunities to have a fulfilling career - whatever your ambitions.
We're investing £3bn on our future
- across platforms, people and data capabilities to truly become the best bank for customers, with unparalleled growth into areas such as AI, Data Science and Robotics. So why join our Applied Sciences Team?
And in joining as a Data Scientist in the Applied Science team you'll find yourself:
- You'll play a pivotal role in realising our digital and data potential and creating the Bank of the Future.
- You'll help rapidly transform our capabilities and be a key player in the our further digitisation using latest emerging technologies and services.
- Working with a fascinating group of pathfinders and trailblazers at the hub of this ground-breaking agenda.
- Developing advanced models alongside our Data Engineers (who build the data pipelines and ensure quality) either as a Model Developer (building the next generation of Machine Learning models) or a Machine Learning Engineer (who develop robust, enterprise-scale code).
- Delivering models across the full reach of LBG - from predicting fraudulent transactions to identifying which of our customers may fall into financial difficulty and need a helping hand.
Your models will have a material impact on the lives of up to 30m+ customers across the whole of the UK - and together we'll make it possible ... Are you who we're looking for?
We're keen to speak to established industry-experienced Data Scientists - ideally with an appreciation for Machine Learning - with skills including:
- A strong theoretical and applied knowledge of Statistical Modelling and/or Machine Learning techniques such as Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Random Forests, Neural Networks, Bayesian Networks, Clustering, NLP and Time Series Forecasting.
- Experience of implementing and supporting Machine Learning models including automating model retraining and model monitoring.
- Expert-level Python skills, good SQL and ideally version control, unit testing and standard software development methodologies.
- A pragmatic, "keep it simple" attitude to your work and designs.
- A strong communication "toolkit" enables you to communicate to technical/non-technical audiences.
Any wider skills you have with pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, MLLib, Keras etc. would also be really useful... And how will we challenge you?
What you'd get in return:
- You'll have the opportunity to partner across our various businesses to understand and work their complex problems through to solutions.
- You'd also work hand-in-glove with Cognitive and Software Engineering colleagues to deliver your models to a number of high profile projects.
- And you'll get exposure to a host of wider technologies and career moves by broadening your horizons and giving you opportunities to stretch yourself.
Offering you both funding and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and informal environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a difference to millions throughout your career with us. We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A car allowance
- A performance share bonus of c15%
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
We're a founder member of the Agile Future Forum, a group of leading UK employers supporting flexible working.
We're happy to consider options other than 9-to-5 office-based work. To us "Agile working" is more than working flexibly - it's about entrusting colleagues to think creatively about how, when and where they work, to deliver their very best.
So if your Data Science expertise lies within Python and model development or Machine Learning and joining a growing, state-of-the-art team within a leading FinTech appeals then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.