The Advanced Analytics team at IHS Markit is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will support our initiatives to generate actionable insights and build new products from our rich internal data sets. The ideal candidates should have critical thinking skills, a quantitative background and strong experience exploring data sets, a high competency using a variety of analytics tools to build machine learning models. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with data-driven insights and should be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams covering different industry sectors. Responsibilities for Data Scientist
Essential Skills and Qualifications for Data Scientist
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to build proof of concepts for new business solutions.
- Efficiently explore new data sources and assess data gathering techniques.
- Help to conceptually frame and refine relevant business questions.
- Build robust data pipelines.
- Develop custom machine learning models and algorithms.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement and productionize models whilst monitoring the performance.
- Communicate findings to different stake holders.
- MINIMUM 2 years experience in a Data Science role
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (preferably python or R) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with data bases (e.g. SQL).
- Profound knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, classification, regression, deep learning) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Good knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (hypothesis testing, Bayesian statistics, properties of distributions) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination and communication.
- Curiosity and research attitude to learn new ideas and techniques.
- We're looking for someone with a few years working experience in data science.
- Coding experience (preferably python) to write robust and high standard code; experience with version control (preferably git)
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.