Our client is a major global personal lines insurer who is looking for a Data Science Lead to develop and implement a Data Science strategy for Pricing. Location: Anywhere in the UK. Applicants must be lawfully able to work in the United Kingdom.
- Develop and implement a Data Science strategy for Pricing
- Deliver predictive models that gain a competitive advantage for Covea
- Investigate opportunities to source internal and external datasets
- Provide technical leadership and direction for a team of Data Scientists and Actuaries
- Develop Data Science skills and mindset within the team
- Create an innovative environment, identify value-add initiatives and drive through to implementation
- Strong numerical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead and manage others.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of how data science works in an agile delivery environment
- Display attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrate our company values and instill them in others in the Pricing Team.
- Self motivated and an ability to work under pressure both in isolation and within a team.
- At least a 2:1 bachelors degree with honours (or equivalent) in an appropriate data science or numerical subject, or, equivalent experience.
Experience and knowledge
- Experience of technical leadership within a Data Science (or equivalent) team.
- Hands on experience of developing predictive models
- An understanding of statistical and mathematical techniques applicable to general insurance pricing, risk selection and analysis.