Data Risk Lead - Sydney, Australia
What impact will you have?
As an experienced Risk professional, this role will give you the opportunity to apply your experience in audit, risk management and quality assurance in a global and agile environment, within our Financial Management Group.
The Financial Management Group's Group Data Office is a centralised function responsible for the assessment, management, and governance of data risk within the division. This multi-faceted role will see you partner with key stakeholders to gain an understanding of the Financial Management Group's end to end data risk profiles and processes and act as a change agent in ensuring that the governance of data and associated risks are appropriately managed to meet the expectations of both internal and external stakeholders.
You will also take ownership of and lead a team responsible for delivering compliance to the groups' Enterprise Data Management and Records and Information Management requirements for the Financial Management Group globally. What skills will you use?
As the Data Governance and Risk Lead, your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- providing risk expertise to the business in the identification, assessment, and actioning of data risk and control issues
- leading, manage and develop high performing and diverse teams
- embedding of proactive and effective monitoring, management and reporting of current and emerging data risks
- leading the engagement on data related activities to support internal and prudential audits (including APS 310)
- operationalisation of required framework to support the Enterprise Data Management and Records and Information Management policies/standards
- ensuring compliance is maintained across Enterprise Data Management and Records and Information Management policies
- stakeholder management across all Financial Management Group Divisions to understand regulatory drivers relating to data and records management
- benchmarking data governance and records management practices against industry
- identification and escalation of risk in accordance with internal frameworks
- contributing to the development of standards and procedures to support business operations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
About the Financial Management Group
- 10+ years' financial services and risk management experience, ideally with extensive subject matter expertise in audit, regulatory compliance management and quality assurance
- experience will include in depth understanding of prudential regulatory requirements from a data and information management standpoint. This may include, but not limited to:
- Basel III Reforms and other prudential requirements (e.g. APS 310, CPS 220)
- Data Risk Management (CPG235, RPG 702)
- Risk data aggregation and reporting (BCBS 239)
- APRA reporting (statistical and prudential)
- excellent stakeholder management and communication skills (written and oral), with proven influencing skills as well as experience with senior management and board reporting
- strong commercial acumen and judgement, including the ability to evaluate impact and response to emerging risks and changes in prudential requirements
- experience in working within financial services or similar highly regulated industries
- program management experience of large-scale global programs across diverse jurisdictions.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future' is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.