Data Protection Specialist
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: GBP450 - GBP600 per day
- Job Type: Full time
This is an exciting contract role for a data privacy lawyer or data protection officer to work at an international bank
The DPS role reports directly to the Head of this team and will work closely with the Legal and Compliance functions (amongst others) towards ensuring that UK activities comply with the requirements of applicable data protection regulations, including the DPA and GDPR.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory reform and updates affecting UK activities and provide practical guidance on key UK data privacy issues in the financial services sector to support UK territory and Group wide projects.
- To lead on and be the data protection SME in respect to the implementation of GDPR for CIB UK and to provide support on GDPR implementation across UK
- Liaise with Legal in relation to legal and regulatory developments and their implications in the Support preparation of relevant responses to inquiries from the Information Commissioner or any other legal or regulatory body.
- Provide support and share knowledge with all UK entity DPOs and hold regular forums to discuss progress on existing projects and any issues; to ensure coordination across UK
- Represent the bank and its interests in relevant industry groups and
- To represent data protection at the UK CIB Data Governance Committee, and other relevant UK and CIB committees, presenting on topics of
- A lawyer (a practising certificate is not required) with at least 2 years of PQE in data protection or Senior Data Protection Officer with at least 3 years solid experience within a large Financial Institution or Corporate.
- Experience and a keen interest in data protection matters, including transactional work and standalone advice (such as data security, audits, compliance, policies, subject access requests and international reviews).
- An excellent understanding of data protection legal and regulatory obligations within the UK and a good technical understanding of international privacy legislation and regulation.
- A good understanding of data privacy governance models and controls, with particular reference to the financial sector.
If you're interested in applying for the role, please send an email to email@example.com or call 02074229361.
Recruiter's name: Sarah Assem
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.