Data Protection Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Jun 18 2018-06-21
Job Title: Data Protection Manager Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
Within the professional services environment, the application of risk management procedures is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management encompasses the technical support and processes which underpin the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
At Ernst & Young ("EY"), the Risk Management (RM) group is responsible for the promotion and support of risk management within the business. RM's aim is to uphold our business standards, maintain and enhance the value of the firm, and ensure that the UK&I firm complies with the rules and regulations imposed either by external regulators or by Ernst & Young Global in relation to the conduct of our business.
The UK Data Protection Manager position is to support the UK&I Data Protection Officer (DPO) and the business in complying with all relevant DP legislation.
Your key responsibilities
You will act as the focal point for all aspects of the firm's compliance with Data Protection and ensure the firm's compliance with applicable privacy legislation, currently the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"). You will be specifically responsibility for:
- Providing appropriate advice and interpretation of data privacy legislation
- Implementation of the EY Global Privacy Framework within the UK firm;
- Conducting comprehensive privacy impact assessments
- Drafting and updating internal policies and procedures
- Responding to queries from the business on data protection
Skills and attributes for success
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust and credibility at all levels
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects
- Ability to provide clear written advice
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to remain calm, controlled and resilient in a stressful and pressurised environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- ISEB Certificate or equivalent Data Privacy qualification
- Degree-level education or equivalent experience
- Data Protection experience within a commercial environment.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience of negotiating data privacy terms/privacy impact assessment/ incident management/ subject access requests
- Experience of working in a financial or professional services environment
- Familiarly and experience with the application of data protection regulations in a technology context, particularly the concepts of privacy by default and design.
What we look for
You will be an experienced Data Protection Manager with the ability to work within a complex matrix organisation.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.