Data Protection Lawyer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
A fantastic opportunity for a Data Privacy lawyer to join a leading bank with a fantastic culture. Join an established privacy team to work on BAU privacy matters as well as some GDPR project work. Qualified solicitor, open to junior and mid level candidates.
This Data Protection Lawyer role is based in London and is offered by a leading bank. The bank boasts a fantastic working environment and offers retail, corporate and investment banking products.
This Data Protection Lawyer role is based in London and involves:
- Providing high quality legal support on data privacy matters that have significant reputational consequence for business
- Providing concise and easily understandable advice (legal and commercial) and applicable solutions on complex subject matters
- Proactively taking responsibility to identify, assess, manage and report legal risk issues
- Understanding and addressing root causes of business problems in order to reduce legal and reputational risk from such issues, drawing appropriate learning's to prevent their recurrence
- Keeping abreast of external developments in the law and elsewhere of relevance to enable the company to react appropriately and in line with best practice
This Data Protection Lawyer role is based in London and requires:
- A Solicitors Practising Certificate for England and Wales must be held; or be fully admitted to the English Bar or hold a Scottish or foreign jurisdiction equivalent or commercial qualification
- Excellent working knowledge of all aspects of data privacy regulation in the UK, together with a good understanding of the financial services business, its drivers, challenges and market practices; experience and understanding of current and anticipated data privacy issues and opportunities affecting the bank and the industry
- Strong working knowledge of the UK regulatory framework for financial products and services
- Well defined project management skills, managing multiple, conflicting interests and deadlines
Possess strong influencing skills, able to advise the business on the best approaches, helping them to understand the constraints/risks and assisting the business in developing solutions.
**This role is open to newly qualified lawyers with data protection experience as well as more experienced lawyers with a relevant background**
Please enquire, competitive package, good bonus structure and strong progression opportunities