Data Protection Associate - UK&I - Risk Management - Permanent - London
Within the professional services environment, the application of risk management procedures is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management encompasses the processes that we have in place to ensure that we support service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
At EY, the Risk Management (RM) and Legal teams are responsible for the promotion and support of risk management within the business. The aim is to ensure that the firm complies with the rules and regulations imposed either by external regulators or by EY Global in relation to the conduct of our business.
The Central RM and Legal teams have approximately 70 members of staff. The group is structured with a central group of four teams: Independence, Legal, Risk and Enterprise Risk Management) and a network of specialists working within service lines ("Service Line Quality"), located throughout the UK and Ireland. The Data Protection team sits within Risk and is currently comprised of 6 people.
This is an exciting opportunity working within EY's Data Protection team to ensure the firm's compliance with applicable privacy legislation. Performing front line compliance work and providing support to professionals in the Service Lines, you will be exposed to various areas of privacy and confidentiality. We are looking for driven, productive team players who are passionate about making an impact and providing exceptional client service to the business.
- You will be part of an empowered team who inspire and challenge eachother in pursuit of privacy compliance.
- You will be given the autonomy to make a difference with support to help it happen.
As an Associate, you will be a key part of the Data Protection team, responsible for ensuring the UK firm complies with data protection law and regulation and providing support across the UK&I region.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing front line data protection compliance work in areas such as: data subject requests, data incident handling, requests to access data, privacy impact assessments.
- Responding to queries from the business on data protection.
- Active team member supporting the development and operation of data protection processes to improve efficiencies.
- Updating and maintaining internal policies, procedures and training.
- Assisting with the firm's preparations for Brexit, if needed.
- Assisting team members with project work as appropriate.
- Liaising with our internal offshore service provides in India, who provide data protection assistance to our team.
- Other tasks, as directed by the Data Protection Officer and Risk Director.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Innovative and ability to contribute and create new ideas.
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with a wide range of staff, including Partners.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality and credibility at all levels.
- Ability to provide clear, written advice.
- Strong team player and proven ability to work with others.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Enthusiastic, positive and resilient.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Previous experience in either quality, risk management, legal or compliance processes.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Familiarity and experience with the application of data protection law.
- Education to degree standard.
What working at EY offers:
- We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Regular on the job support and coaching.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you.
- EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
- As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.