Data Project Manager Contract till March 2021 initially Remote then London based LLoyds Insurance market client
The client has a requirement for a Senior Project Manager to join their London based team to manage the delivery of activities for a large Data Quality Programme. The role will require the planning and project management of different Workstreams in the specialist areas of Data Lineage, Data Quality Risks and Controls, Data Quality measurement, Data Governance and Reporting.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Lead and manage the delivery of two separate teams of about 10/12 resources in total covering the end to end of:
- Delivery execution
- Day by day management of resources, plans, RAIDs, etc.
- Comply with the overall Programme Management governance
- Communicate with senior stakeholders to anticipate and address potential constraints
- Report status to Steering Co members - as required
- Contribute to teams deliverables ensuring a high quality of the outcome through challenge and active participation
- Support the Programme Manager and PMO Lead with high quality collaterals for stakeholders communication and management (e.g. Steering Co Material, Committees papers, etc).
- Several years of project management experience covering a mix of business, data, systems and organisational change. In particular a good level of coverage in at least some of the following topics is essential:
- Data Governance (Frameworks, Processes, Policy)
- DQ Risks and Controls (identification and modelling of controls with KPIs within a Risk Assurance context)
- Data Lineage (formalisation of data paths across systems, processes, end user computing)
- Data Leakage analysis (DQ measurement, transformations of data and issues root cause analysis)
- Experience/knowledge of the Lloyd's Market
- Ability to communicate to senior stakeholders and produce professional material in support
- A past experience in a similar role within a large consultancy form would be highly preferential.
The role implies previous experience in the management of high profile projects in the Data Management areas mentioned. This is a business facing role that requires the confidence and ability to interface with senior management on specialist topics - clear ability to "translate" complex and detail concepts and communicate to ensure continuous buy in is paramount.
Likewise it is essential that the Project Manager understands the nature of the work at hand to be able to contribute to the teams efforts factually with guidance, expertise and forward looking perspective. A "hands on approach" and genuine interest in understanding and materially contributing to the analysis performed by the teams is a critical part of the work.