Data Product Manager
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We've taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made - to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn't easy - so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers . About the Role
You will lead the way in cultivating a sophisticated, data-driven culture at WorldRemit. You'll help shape the vision for how we use, share and gather data, while also helping sharpen insights and business decisions through the intelligent application of data. Responsibilities
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Lead our data strategy. You'll craft a strategy for the future and develop a roadmap that will deliver incremental wins on the way.
- Maintain and grow our data product portfolio. You'll be responsible for our existing data support infrastructure, you'll help mature and maintain these areas for optimal business value.
- Lead the way to a richer data infrastructure. You'll be passionate about data and the value it brings. You'll be an advocate for new ways of doing things and champion experiments with non-traditional data points (e.g. behavioural data).
- Act as an ambassador for the products internally and externally, and as the first point of contact with the rest of the business for the data products
- Collaborate and prioritise. You'll work with key stakeholders to translate business requirements into user stories for the development team to implement, you'll rigorously prioritise the work to make sure we're focusing on the most impactful areas.
- Liaise and support. You'll work with individuals across our Product and Engineering teams, advising on best practices and pushing us to take a data-first approach to our decisions.
- Passionately automate. As someone who understands the power of data, you'll seek opportunities across the company to strip back human-heavy processes and automate workflows to deliver consistent results with utmost efficiency.
- Support Agile best practices amongst the team
- A data nerd with solid product management skills. You know data and how it should be used, you're familiar with techniques and approaches to data, but you can ground your ambitions in solid product strategies.
- A natural leader with a proven track record of building amazing products, preferably data-oriented projects and products from the data-warehousing and analytics domain
- Someone who is not afraid to dive in - you'll know the data inside out and how it all connects. For this, familiarity with SQL queries and Tableau reports will help. Python is a bonus. Experience working hands on with an agile development team.
- Experience creating a roadmap, writing tight user stories, and prioritising a backlog using a workflow management tool (Jira, TFS, etc)
- An ability to quickly understand unfamiliar technical concepts or architecture
- Delivering great product isn't easy - a good, low-ego attitude will help, as well as an articulate voice to explain challenges and outline options.
- A collaborator - you'll be working very closely with your Engineering lead and a team of developers, You'll also need the ability to work with - and deliver for - stakeholders across the organisation and who might be geographically dispersed.
- A highly analytical approach; you know which metrics to focus on and can reach conclusions from analysing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience of Data Governance would be advantageous.
Start Date: ASAP Benefits
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.