Data Privacy and Records Management Manager
Friday 26 July 2019 Salary Range
£58,626 - £65,140 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and motivated individual to join Lloyds Banking Group within COO Business Risk as a Data Privacy and Records Management Manager. As a thought leader, you will support Group Transformation in developing its privacy and records risk and control environment. You'll understand what a great customer experience looks like in the digital context and be passionate about getting this right.
Job Description Lloyds banking group
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers. COO business risk
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Our vision is to be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK. We work collaboratively with the business areas we support (Group Transformation, Group CIO, Group Sourcing & Chief Security Office) to identify, report and mitigate risks - our key priority is to transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
We're committed to achieving this vision through a clear focus on the provision of expert risk advice & guidance, through creating and delivering an optimised control environment, through investing in developing our people and through the adoption of technology solutions to improve our effectiveness. Sound like your kind of place?
This is an innovative and rapidly evolving area within the bank and as such offers a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to contribute to Group Transformation and the future of Digital Banking across all of our brands.
We will encourage you to do what is right and empower you to make the right decision.
We will invest in your career with development plans and opportunities to grow and learn. What would you be getting involved with?
- Assist the Data Privacy and Records Management Accountable Person in developing data privacy and records management capabilities to improve colleague understanding of how data privacy and records management requirements impact their role.
- Act as a single point of contact for data privacy within Group Transformation to:
- Promote data privacy and records best practice, share knowledge and provide advice and guidance to colleagues;
- Represent Group Transformation at governance forums and other relevant meetings and deputise for the Data Privacy Accountable Person at governance committees;
- Ensure key processes such as Privacy & Records Impact Assessments, data privacy complaints, breach management (including customer contact) and reporting operate effectively;
- Assess compliance with the Policy, report gaps, and facilitate the provision of management information and co-ordinate remediation activity.
- Ensure data privacy and records management policy breaches or privacy events are managed in line with the Event Reporting Process and control failures or other issues of non-compliance are escalated up through the appropriate local business management and operational risk reporting lines.
- For businesses based overseas, own and manage the relationship with the JDPO in the jurisdiction.
- Engage with Group Data Privacy and Records Management Team to understand the impact that legislative changes will have on Group Transformation and cooperate, as necessary, on group wide data privacy programmes.
- Ensure third parties who process personal data on behalf of Group Transformation comply with the requirements of the Third Party Summary.
- Ensure data privacy requirements are considered when transferring personal data overseas.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and self-development around emerging Agile/Systems thinking concepts
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- You'll be a thought leader that will support Group Transformation in developing its privacy and records management risk and control environment.
- You'll love to solve problems and challenge the status quo with innovative ideas.
- You're a highly motivated self-starter with ability to prioritise own work load appropriately, managing various tasks requiring a high level of proficiency and detail.
- You'll bring passion for our values of putting the customer first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- You'll build strong relationships across the business to support the achievement of our strategic goals. We'll expect you to support and constructively challenge the business, helping mitigate risk and control weakness. You'll have the confidence to bring fresh approaches and new ideas to reality.
- You'll have knowledge of the current digital landscape, products and services as well as their bearing on the risk profile of the Lloyds Banking Group and its customers, as well as a strong knowledge of current and emerging regulation and trends around privacy.
What do you get in return?
- Have experience and working understanding of the uses of data within a digital business and the challenges this presents, being able to draw on and interpret information sources to effectively communicate complex concepts.
- As a data privacy manger, you will need to have expert knowledge of UK privacy laws and practices, including relevant legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR).
- Whilst not essential, you will hold data protection qualifications, including the ISEB in Data Protection and/or CIPP/E.
- Your experience will include experience of applying data protection in complex organisations, preferably within the financial services and/or technology sector.
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.