Data Privacy Manager
- GBP57483 - GBP67063 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
Lloyds Banking Group is the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK. Around 3.5 million products are opened online per year through our relationship brands: Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland. As a Group, we are choosing to differentiate ourselves through prioritizing customer needs and improving how we serve our customers. Our Internet and mobile banking services help customers bank in a way that is secure, convenient and personalised for them, and allow our colleagues to spend more time with customers that need our help.
Group Transformation's Risk team is an innovative and rapidly evolving area within the bank and as such offers a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to contribute to the future of Digital Banking across all of our brands. Group Transformation is constantly evolving, developing new ways of working to transform the digital capability of the Group. You'll be a thought leader that will support Group Transformation in developing its privacy and records management control environment. You'll understand what a great customer experience looks like in the digital context and be passionate about getting this right.
Together we make a difference...
You'll build strong relationships across the business to support the achievement of our strategic goals. We'll expect you to support and constructively challenge the business, helping mitigate risk and control weakness. You'll have the confidence to bring fresh approaches and new ideas to reality. 'status quo' is something you challenge.
Your accountabilities will include acting as a single point of contact for data privacy within Group Transformation to:
* Promote data privacy and records best practice, share knowledge and provide advice and guidance to colleagues;
* Represent Group Transformation at governance forums and other relevant meetings and deputise for the Data Privacy Accountable Person at governance committees;
* Ensure key processes such as Privacy & Records Impact Assessments, data privacy complaints, breach management (including customer contact) and Section 55 reporting operate effectively;
* Assess compliance with the Policy, report gaps, and facilitate the provision of management information and co-ordinate remediation activity.
To join us, you'll need to demonstrate an awareness of the operating model of a digital business and bring a demonstrable track record of building strong relationships. You'll have knowledge of the current digital landscape, products and services as well as their bearing on the risk profile of the Lloyds Banking Group and its customers, as well as a good knowledge of current and emerging regulation around privacy.
In return we'll offer you a great package including a performance related bonus, car/allowance, generous pension contribution, 30 Days leave plus bank holidays, a flexible cash pot to spend on benefits and other wider corporate benefits and perks.
We also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you….