An overview of sample responsibilities:
- As a Business Data Modeler you will be part of Brickendon team and data practice.
- Focusing on efforts which ensure that the data serving various business processes is of the highest quality and standard.
- Responsible for ensuring that all data models meet business expectation and align to the Business Information Model.
- Liaise with data architects, process owners, system owners and other subject-matter experts as appropriate to understand their business information needs, including the critical data elements which need to be modelled.
- Develop new data models from this in accordance with good modelling practices
- Assess the re-use of existing group model components to meet these requirements versus developing new models where possible.
- Ensure all data modelling activity is correctly registered and maintained
The Data Modelling Analyst will possess the following skills and experience;
- The consultant will have 2-6 years Data Modelling and analysis experience
- Must have experience working with the Banking / Financial Services industry.
- An understanding of data modelling (UML, E/R, Relational, Semantic, Conceptual) practices.
- Proven track record of creating and maintaining business information models and/or data models.
- Experience in business analysis and business data requirements development.
- Experience with data modelling tools like RSA, Erwin, IDA, etc.
- Experience of defining data precisely, working with metadata repositories.
- Experience of implementing large-scale (global/cross function) data models
- Strong research, analysis and report writing skills are essential.
- Business Analysis certifications useful but not essential.