Data Migration Consultant
Job Description Division:
Elite is a leading developer of integrated information solutions for professional services firms worldwide. Elite is part of Thomson Reuters and is a premier provider of financial and practice management systems to the legal industry and to other professional services markets, including accounting, marketing services, and management and IT consulting.
Elite develops proven software solutions and delivers expert professional services that help customers enhance their core business competencies and sharpen their strategic focus. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Elite maintains offices in Albuquerque, Auckland, Boston, Calgary, Hong Kong, London, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Singapore and Sydney. More than 60% of the AmLaw 100 and Global 100 law firms and nearly 30% of the top CPA firms rely on Elite solutions to manage their business. Position Title: Data Migration Consultant Position Type: Permanent Location: London, Canary Wharf (Remote working an option) Role Purpose/ Summary:
As part of the Technical Services Team and reporting to the Team Lead, the Conversion Analyst is responsible for ensuring all assigned projects are deployed in accordance with the standards set in the Elite's conversion methodology. Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Responsible for developing, in conjunction with the client and Elite project manager, the conversion strategy for assigned projects to transfer data from a legacy system to Elite or from a pre-existing Elite database to Elite. Includes:
• Attendance at all conversion related meetings to provide expertise in determining the appropriate conversion strategy and scope for assigned project.
• Review and document client conversion requirements
• Facilitate, conduct and document data discovery session.
• Facilitate, conduct and document data mapping session.
• Facilitate, conduct and document each conversion (test and/or final).
• Complete comprehensive validation of complex financial data to ensure quality of result delivered to client Qualifications Mandatory Skills and Experience:
• Ability to demonstrate intermediate knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Ability to demonstrate experience in developing TSQL/SQL queries.
• Can consistently and successfully demonstrate, (with minimal supervision):
o Clear communication capabilities on projects, including project documentation
o Adherence to conversion methodology within projects, including exercising sound project planning and monitoring skills.
o Comprehensive analytical skills and ability to formulate client-specific solutions
o A solid understanding of the various database structures
o Positive track record for customer satisfaction
o Strong team player capabilities, i.e., willing to offer assistance to others as appropriate, without being asked
o Desire for self-improvement i.e., taking advantage of CE classes, self-study on own initiative
o Participation in both client facing and internal projects
o Ability to work under tight schedules and under pressure
o Ability to work on multiple tasks within same time frame
o Ability to work well across departments and skill levels
o Able to travel minimum 50%
o Able to work occasional weekend and holiday assignments Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the Legal finance sector or similar financial systems environment (prior Elite experience highly desirable)
• Prior knowledge and awareness of Elite products Education/ Certifications Required:
• Educational requirements: Business Degree desirable or equivalent
• Experience in field requirements: Experience in similar role with similar responsibilities
• On the Job educational requirements: Experience with data conversion deliverables and strong understanding of data conversion work processes to enable sound planning and timetabling of the work.
• Technological requirements: SQL, Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com . Locations