Data Management Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asset Management
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
Data Management Associate
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs about 26,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through five business divisions: domestic retail, global markets, global investment banking, global merchant banking, and asset management. For further information about Nomura, please visit www.nomura.com.
Working within the Asset Management division, the Data Management team plays a pivotal role within back office operations. The team of three (two London-based, one located in Mumbai) is involved in a wide range of tasks which includes setting up new securities and funds on internal systems; maintenance of price feeds from external vendors; and ensuring key settlement data (Standard Settlement Instructions - SSI) are correctly populated on extenally hosted databases.
The team supports investment managers not just in London, but also our global offices such as Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional attention to detail, be able to priortise workloads and work well as part of a team in a fast-moving enviroment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Front Office through the accurate security set up of fixed income, equity and OTC derivative products within Charles River within specified SLAs. Creation of new securities on other internal systems.
- Maintenance of pricing and exchange rates within internal systems, with particular focus on month end pricing used for internal valuations and performance measurement. Investigation of pricing & data exceptions falling outside specified tolerance levels.
- Proactive involvement in the resolution of daily pricing issues, supporting queries from the client reporting, client services, performance and investment teams.
- Accurate input and verification of Standard Settlement Instructions onto Omgeo ALERT.
- Creation of new portfolios, brokers and counterparties across internal systems.
- Playing a key role in account openings and closures; and fund transitions from / to other asset managers.
- Liaison with custodians to open new markets on request of portfolio managers, ensuring time to market is as quick as possible.
- Ensure data queries are investigated and resolved in a timely manner from the compliance and investment teams within Charles River.
- Maintenance of static data including commission & fees, updating static data tables and ensuring the data flows between systems by monitoring exceptions.
- Monitoring team e-mail inbox and dealing with requests and queries in a timely manner.
- Participate in projects with data requirements and testing when implementing new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Work closely with the other teams within operations and IT to develop the overall service to the business.
Essentials Skills & Experience:
- Attention to detail essential.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (VLookups / Pivot Tables desireable); Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of Bloomberg (e.g. pricing, exchange rates, ratings, industry classifications, ratings).
- Strong product knowledge of asset classes such as Fixed income, Equities, Exchange Traded Futures, OTC Derivatives and Money Markets.
- Knowledge of pricing methodogies, understanding of fair valuation pricing would be advantagous.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with internal counterparties (e.g. portfolio managers, trading desk, client services, other Nomura offices), as well as external bodies (data vendors and custodians).
- Excellent time management skills essential to ensure timely delivery of scheduled standard tasks. However, an ability to remain flexible to meet changing business priorities is also needed.
- Ability to get counterparties to deliver with the tenacity to follow up on outstanding actions.
- Ability to quickly understand new systems, both in-house and market-supplied providers.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Charles River Investment Management System
- Bloomberg AIM
- Linedata Icon
- IOC/IMC Qualification