Data Lineage & Controls Stream Lead
- Implementation of the Data Management process leveraging the DMO methodology to perform lineage, controls assessment and ultimately identifying and reporting any data quality issues.
- Lead a team of KDE process analysts to successfully deliver against regulatory timelines.
- Support the divisional data governance council(s) ensuring priorities are agreed, progress is monitored and expectations are met
- Ensure deliverables are clearly stated and understood, risks and issues identified and managed and consumer benefit is delivered.
- Partner with other divisional stream leads to ensure a consistent engagement approach is adopted across divisions.
You’ll be working in the Data Management Office (DMO) team in London. We have approximately 50 people in London divided into two streams; Governance and Data Control.
The Key Data Element (KDE) Onboarding and Lineage sits under Data Control. The KDE Onboarding and lineage team is subsequently divided into divisions; Risk, Finance, Operations, IB, WM&PC, WMA and GAM.
The role is responsible for the implementation of the front-to-back Data Management and Governance processes so that UBS meets the data requirements of new regulations such as CCAR and BCBS239.
Your experience and skills:
- Must have a strong understanding of IB or Operations processes / practices. Understand Risk (market and/or credit risk) and/or Financial Data
- Proven change management experience demonstrated through the successful delivery of large complex global initiatives in a financial services environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral. Comfortable with ambiguity and managing to tight deadlines
- Understanding of application data modeling, data governance, and data management
- Successfully forming and developing delivery teams comprising a range of delivery partners
- Self-motivated and passionate achiever who likes to grow and stretch themselves
- Organised and have a structured approach to your work
- A strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- Adaptable, with strong interpersonal skills
- Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail