Data Governance Practices and Standards Lead
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch (China) Bohua Credit Ratings Ltd. is licensed by the People's Bank of China (PBOC) and the National Association of Financial Market Institutional Investors (NAFMII) to provide rating services for China's onshore bond market. The rating agency offers independent analysis, transparent methodologies and a rigorous ratings process in line with international best practice. Fitch Bohua provides forward-looking ratings, in-depth research, valuable data tools and insightful commentary. It is committed to supporting the development and internationalisation of China's capital markets. Fitch Bohua is wholly owned by Fitch Ratings. Job Summary
The Fitch Group Chief Data Office (CDO) team is seeking a Governance Strategy, Practices and Standards Leader. This position will develop and implement best practices, processes and standards to govern data throughout the enterprise to ensure trusted data and enable the strategic objectives of the organization. This position will also be responsible for defining and tracking sustained improvement against key performance and risk indicators, in partnership with key stakeholders in Analytical, Product, Risk and Technology Teams. The ideal candidate will be a team leader and connector who is expected to know how to impart information across the corporate structure effectively and efficiently. Who understands that data has a variety of functions between business and IT and should bridge the gap by streamlining processes and definitions. This position will be initially responsible for data assets supporting Fitch products and will work with stakeholders to set the standards for best practices in content delivery, solution quality and completeness. This position reports to the Enterprise Data Governance Lead. Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of data governance goals, framework, standards, practices, process, and tools.
- Define key roles and responsibilities across data, technology, and other stakeholders.
- Formulate a system of decision rights and accountabilities based on the definitions set by organization, which describes who can use which information, when, how, and using what methodologies.
- Collaborating with leadership across the organization to find business needs and implement Data Governance and Data Stewardship capabilities.
- Big picture of the business model in mind and analyze with focus and purpose to transform quality data into an asset.
- A deep understanding of data quality frameworks, standards, processes, and tools.
- A liaison, communicating through reports, meetings, company newsletters, or memos the best use of data in each department from business owner, to IT, all the way to the consumer.
- Defines and executes on a training and communications framework which is a guideline and process that drives stakeholder awareness and helps support momentum and participation.
- Ensuring effective execution of the data governance framework, including prioritization of Data Governance Council topics.
- Obtaining right involvement from support organizations such as, Enterprise Architecture, Program Management Office, IT application support.
- Reporting and tracking improvement on key performance and risk indicators to senior leadership.
- Ensuring that Data Governance and Data Stewardship processes are inserted into BAU and change activities.
- Improve data processes to follow security and privacy regulations. Drive discussions as to potential data risks and measure and monitoring against the program's efforts.
- Experienced with administration and operational processes to ensure that data teams are within compliance to existing or newly defined data processes and controls.
- An understanding of tools and processes for data modeling, integration, migration across data lifecycle activities.
- Defining strategy for Metadata management standards and applicable approach for technology tools.
- Partner with cross functional Business Data stewards to establish Data Quality thresholds for completeness, accuracy, timeliness and overall data maturity
- Develop detailed knowledge of Fitch's data, data flows, and processes
- Must be able to manage efficiency in people, processes, and technology to enable an organization to utilize different kinds of data, while addressing issues that impact data quality
- Serve as liaison between internal and external technical and business groups to bring about improved data quality
- Extensive work experience in data governance and/or data management related role collaborating with different parts of the organization; emphasis on developing and implementing data standards, policies, practices, and procedures that led to substantive improvements in data integrity.
- Extensive experience in the Financial Services industry (Ratings sub-industry a plus).
- Understand compliance requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley, NRSRO Standards, Basel Frameworks.
- Command of data governance and data management best practices, tools, disciplines and business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring stakeholder awareness resulting in the ability to maintain momentum and participation.
- Experienced with MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Visio, and with Unix and Windows OS.
- Statistical analysis and data analysis tools.
- Knowledge of SQL systems and Hadoop open source Framework specifically focused on unstructured data.
- Experience working with tools used to support data management, specifically business glossary and metadata management, data catalog, data profiling, and data quality.
- Proficient in the following data skills/techniques - Business Process Modeling, Data Profiling, Metadata management, Data Lineage, Data Security/Privacy, Master Data Management.
- Strong technical writing skills capable of taking complex technical concepts and making them easily understood.
- Enthusiasm for helping high performing team members improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Comfortable working through ambiguous situations to define precise requirements and priorities and drive outcomes.
- Strong process development, planning, tracking and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency, and commitment to deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans and solutions to identified issues and problems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify, quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality or non-compliance.
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Agile practitioner capabilities & experience working with or in Agile teams pursuing complex engineering work.
- A Bachelor's or master's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration, knowledge in database development and administration.
- MS Office Suites, PowerPoint, Word & Visio, Unix, Windows OS. Knowledge of SQL systems and Hadoop open source Framework. Cassandra, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, Redis, MongoDB, and Riak. Sysbase, MySQL, DB2 or SQL Server and Oracle, Azure DevOps.
- Nice to have: Trillium, DataFlux, Business Objects, ROOT, PAW, JHepWork, KNIME, Data Applied, R, DevInfo, and Zeptoscope Basic.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: https://www.fitchbohua.cn/ | www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.