A respected international bank with global scope is seeking a data governance specialist to support their team in London for a fixed-term period (approx 9 months).
The key function of this role will be to support the Data Governance Manager in continuing the development of the Data Governance maturity of the Bank. This will include but not be limited to the following duties;
- Provide support and advice to departments across EMEA in matters regarding Data Protection, Privacy and Data Governance
- Monitor and provide reporting of the status of privacy compliance
- Continue the development and the depth of coverage of the Information Asset Register
- Identify changes in privacy regulation and impacts specific to the Bank
- Help departments implement plans to address gaps in handling Personal Data
- Support the development of systemic controls offered by new technologies in support of Data Privacy/Governance
- Conduct reviews of Privacy Risk Assessments
- Conduct reviews of 3rd Party agreements with regard to Controller and Processor obligations
- Review and update policies and procedures specific to Data Protection, and those that Data Protection is dependent upon, e.g. Information Security
- Support the development of records management and manage the processes/policies when implemented
- Preparing presentations, gathering feedback and implementing actions.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Good knowledge of Data Governance in Financial Services (wholesale)
- Experience implementing/operating the elements of a Data Governance programme
- Good understanding of GDPR including how it impacts a commercial Bank and other Privacy laws and regulations i.e. PECR, Data Protection Bill
- Awareness of GDPR implementation in other jurisdictions
- Worked with both front and back-office business lines in operating a privacy framework including supporting marketing departments.
- Awareness of Information Security Standards and requirements
- Excellent team player, very capable of supporting a small team with a wide scope of duties
- Strong organisational capacity and able to work well under pressure
- Comfortable in liaising directly with a range of key stakeholders across the bank including presenting materials and answering queries from different departments as regards matters mandated by Data Governance.
This is a temporary contract for at least 9 months and immediately seeking applicants so interested candidates do not hesitate to apply soon. You must be UK based.