Data Engineer - Commodities Technology
Industry-leading investment firm using innovative and cutting-edge technology, with data at the core of the investment process. Great opportunity for a data engineer to join their London office where you'll architect and build platforms integral to the sourcing, enriching and storing of the data that enables the investment process.
Partnering with investment professionals and data scientists, you will focus on data ingestion (web scrapes, S3/FTP sync, sensor collection), transforming it into actionable insights (Spark, SQL, Kafka, Python/C++/R) and designing their interfaces (API, schema design, events).
The successful Data Engineer will have a passion for working with data and developing software to solve data-processing challenges. Requirements:
- Experience building and managing large web scrapes
- Experience working with Google Cloud and navigating Big Data
- Experience with any of the following systems: Apache Airflow, AWS/GCE/Azure, Jupyter, Kafka, Docker, Nomad/Kubernetes, or Snowflake
- Proficiency in Python is a plus
- Proficiency with RDBMS, NoSQL, distributed compute platforms, such as Spark, Dask or Hadoop
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science would be ideal
- Hugely collaborative environment between teams, not siloed like other firms
- Competitive compensation: truly flat structure; feel valued for your input and be rewarded for great ideas
- Work with the latest technologies on complex problems
- Flexible working encouraged and regular socials
If this sounds like you, or you would like more information, please contact: Angelos Tennant
+44 (0) 20 3745 6530