Data Centre Management Engineer
In the role of Data Centre Management, you will be part of the Global Data Center Management team whose responsibility is the provision of suitable environments to host IT Infrastructure in Macquarie Data Centers and Communication rooms globally in line with established standards.
You will be expected to be hands-on to assure that activities are properly managed and completed; you will be results oriented to ensure that appropriate operational procedures and processes are adhered to in order to provide reliable build, operation, maintenance and inventory activities within the Data Center and Communications rooms in accordance with Business based requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have a strong understanding of day to day operations, ensuring Business as Usual activities are managed and delivered in a business like and timely manner. You will oversee effective communications between Data Centre Management and the various IT teams within EMEA and Globally to ensure a co-operative environment is a pre-requisite of this role, coupled with a good knowledge of Data Networks, Security and Voice services.
In this role you will:
• Provide project support and oversight of implementation work relating to any/all Data Center & Office installations.
• Provide ongoing feedback into the current Global Standards deployed within the world-wide Data Centers based on emerging market trends.
• Ensure effective communication channels with other technology groups and project managers, notably with Data Networks, Security and Voice teams and basic understanding of those areas.
• Manage Cable patching / Equipment Rack & Stack activities by both internal staff / External 3 rd Party resources.
• Assist with Management of vendor relationships pertaining to Data Center operations and management.
• Manage Cable patching / Equipment Rack & Stack / Decommissioning & Disposal activities by both internal staff / External 3 rd Party resources.
• Manage standards and Data Center related change management activities.
• Maintain DC rack profiles and diagrams of all sites within the region.
• Assist with maintaining control over Data Center physical security and compliance.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.