Role Objective Responsible for helping translate business vision and strategy into effective enterprise change by providing detailed analysis and requirements to enable the delivery of technology solutions.
- Supporting the delivery of business projects and initiatives on time and within budget by understanding the business need and responding with the necessary business, systems and data requirements analysis.
- Analysis, elicitation, presentation, validation and socialisation of requirements to business and technology stakeholders to ensure all stakeholders have a common understanding of the requirements and the goals/objectives of what needs to be delivered to the business.
- Working alongside the respective Product owners to embed Agile best practices and participating in Agile ceremonies such as backlog grooming, daily stand-ups, sprint planning and review meetings, retrospectives and sprint demonstrations/playback sessions.
- Building and maintaining effective, collaborative, credible working relationships and active communication channels with all stakeholders.
- Be the conduit of information between different teams and responding to questions from any stakeholder credibly.
- Performing analysis on existing platforms and databases/sources related to the project to collaborate effectively with Architects and Technical Leads in-house and from 3rd parties, to collaborate on solution options to meet the business requirements.
- Works with Business Analysis team members to maintain a business Outcomes backlog, break down Outcomes into high-level epics and stories, provide content during analysis, contribute to the elaboration & acceptance criteria of epics and stories, and lead communication of the epics and stories to the team.
- Actively resolve/mitigate risks/issues/events which may affect project delivery and ensuring the expectations by internal and external stakeholders are managed accordingly.
- Providing accurate business correspondence and documentation that is coherent, factually and grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Supporting the QA and UAT teams to ensure thorough understanding of requirements as well as providing advice or clarification on any issues raised during test cycles.
- Understands expectations that were set with internal and external customers and recognises when issues/events may affect delivery and takes action to mitigate.
- Help and guide junior members of the team to be more productive.
Highly desirable attributes:
- Articulate, creative, energetic person able to work alongside the team
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to think logically to solve business problems
- Outstanding written and oral communications as well as interpersonal skills; ability to explain technical detail to business facing stakeholders and business change detail to technical facing stakeholders
- Ability to establish credibility and build strong, confident, collaborative relationships with business and technology stakeholders including external parties, at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Results driven, self-motivated, problem solving, and solutions oriented; takes pride in his/her work
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude, exhibits self-confidence, leadership and adaptability to business change
- Excellent organisational, negotiation, presentation and time management skills; ability to manage business expectations
- Ability to keep abreast of and understand technology trends, see how they impact your roadmap, and how they drive innovation.
Experience and Skills:
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of Equities and/or Fixed Income instruments, related market data, index/benchmark products design, portfolio management and how indices are used by financial institutions.
- Strong analysis and requirements gathering skills, both business and systems focussed with the ability to understand relations between data sets, prepare sample data, define and review financial calculations and prepare data mappings.
- Experience of performing business analysis for diverse projects which includes preparation and presentation of wireframes, related current and future state business process models and production of business analysis artefacts.
- In-depth working experience with Agile and Scrum, with solid, proven experience of performing business analysis activities in a large scalable Agile environment.
- Data analysis skills and understanding of how data is sourced, collected, transformed, validated, managed, used, governed and controlled within a data centric organisation. Ability to utilise SQL to query database tables.
- Ability to liaise with solution architects and technical leads, development and functional testing stakeholders, both in-house and from 3rd parties to ensure the business need and related requirements are well understood.
- Can demonstrate being results oriented, taking ownership on the commitment to successfully deliver outcomes, understanding of business processes and communicating the same to the team, making effective judgement calls to reach well-informed decisions, learning agility and adaptability to new ways of working.
- Strong and proven ‘soft’ skills with the ability to communicate requirements in a clear, accurate, concise, engaging and thorough manner to stakeholders across the board.
- Solid Microsoft Office, document management (e.g. SharePoint), Visio, Jira and Kanban skills.