- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- M&G Prudential
- Full time
- London, England, United Kingdom
- 21 Apr 19
Working with M&G Prudential as a Data Architect means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Whether it is the information we manage while administering our customers' policies or the data we use to analyse every aspect of our business, the effective management of our data and information is fundamental to the ongoing success of our business. It is therefore essential that we have an effective strategy for managing our information and data
Our environment is dynamic and fast paced and we are looking to recruit a Data Architect who has a proven track record of success to work within our Data Architecture team.
- Developing and communicating our Information Strategy
- Providing Information Management leadership, direction and governance
- Working with business stakeholders to develop Conceptual Data Models
- Providing data design governance and guidance to development projects
- Approving solutions for Prudential UK strategic fit and IT architectural compliance
- Providing consultancy and technical support
- The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of Data Management principles and methods, combined with excellent communications skills and proven expertise in one or more of the following:
- Conceptual and Logical Data Modelling
- Physical Database Design
- Canonical Information Modelling for Service Oriented Architecture
- Business Intelligence (e.g. Data Warehousing, Dimensional design, Power BI, Business Objects, Qlik)
- Big Data technologies (e.g. Azure Data Lake, Hive, NoSQL )
- Cloud-based Analytics Advanced Analytics \ Data Science solutions
- Master Data Management
- Data Quality management
- Data Governance
- Business Glossaries and Metadata management
- Data Integration technologies (e.g. Informatica, ETL, data virtualisation)
- Self-service data preparation tools (e.g. Trifacta)
- Significant experience of systems analysis and development
- Experience of IT architecture and infrastructure
- Significant experience of the systems development lifecycles and methodology (e.g. agile, scrum)
- Significant experience of project delivery including large, complex projects
- Previous experience of Financial Services (preferably Asset Management or Life Assurance and Pensions) would be advantageous
- Relevant professional qualification or graduate calibre
- Expert level knowledge of industry best practice, good network/links with external bodies and individuals in the same field
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
Recruiter: Joseph Scott