Data Analytics Consultant - £45-65k
- Salary: £45000 - £65,000
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: JCW Search
Our client, a global consulting practice is looking to recruit a number of candidates to join its analytics practice in central London on a permanent basis.
Joining a London based analytics Team focused on business analytics and strategic modelling capability. The team delivers analytical solutions and advisory services to a wide range of clients across a number of industry sectors. Our Clients look to us to work with them collaboratively and provide the expertise and structured thinking that will help them develop innovative solutions to complex business problems.
We are looking for consultants who can help our clients to use analytics to:
• Shape and evolve their customer experience
• Enhance and expand their service and commerce channels
• Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve business performance
• Innovate their business models and operations
What you’ll do
You’ll undertake a wide variety of challenging project work and help our clients optimise their business processes, improve operations and drive performance improvement. You will be encouraged and have the licence to develop new ways of delivering value. The type of work that you might get involved in will vary from:
• Developing modelling tools and using analytics to solve business problems as part of a major business transformation, or to support strategic decision making, using techniques such as data mining, text mining, statistical analysis, economic modelling, business case development, risk modelling, optimisation, simulation, systems dynamics and forecasting.
• Using data visualisation and analytics to provide insight for clients into complex relationships, trends and patterns in their data
• Supporting client to design, build and implement analytics based solutions.
• Delivering analytical advisory services to clients to develop their analytics strategy and transform their capabilities
• Developing both thought leadership points of view and new service offerings to differentiate us in the marketplace.
Skills and Experience
What you’ll bring
You’ll be a talented consultant with both analytical and client-facing skills and experience in a major blue chip organisation or consultancy company within the Public sector, Retail, Consumer Products, Utilities or Insurance sectors. You’ll be looking to apply creative thinking and innovative methods to your clients’ business needs. You’ll bring drive and commitment to own and deliver outstanding work, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, you’ll have the following experience and personal attributes:
You’ll have a track record of academic achievement (first degree in a numerate subject e.g. Maths, Stats, Industrial Engineering, Economics) and ideally a MSc. post-graduate qualification in an analytical subject such as Operational Research, Management Science, Statistics or Decision Science. You’ll also be proficient with tools like Excel and Simul8/Vensim/SAS/SPSS/R./SQL/Python/Qlik/Tableau.