- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Data Analyst - Regulatory Reporting
Data Analyst - Regulatory ReportingSchroders are undertaking a programme to deliver a leading edge finance systems platform to support the business going forward. The core components of the programme include replacement of the legacy General Ledger and Consolidation system with a cloud-based Oracle Fusion Financials platform alongside a Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse to support Regulatory reporting and Management Information.
The Group Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for submitting all prudential regulatory returns for the consolidated Group and the solo UK regulated asset management firms to the PRA and FCA.
The jobholder will be responsible for undertaking the initial phase of business analysis required to integrate the prudential regulatory returns into the overall programme requirements and design. As part of the analysis, you will also be asked to help the team identify ways in which the existing process can be improved in the short-term and to help implement those improvements (so data and coding experience will also be necessary). Longer term the role will evolve to form part of a larger and broader Finance data team, focussed on identifying, sourcing, cleansing, and analysing the data required to support advanced reporting and insights to the business.
The role holder will:
• Undertake an analysis of the current systems, processes and data used to produce regulatory returns
• Investigate new potential data sources
• Identify and propose new ways of organising and managing the data required for regulatory reporting
• Develop the detailed business requirements for the production of regulatory returns to inform the design and implementation of the required data within the data warehouse
• Input to prioritisation and planning of the overall programme
• Working with the regulatory reporting team, identify ways in which the existing process can be improved in the short-term, and implement or aid the implementation of those improvements
• Collaborate with the overarching programme, following the overall design principles and interact with other workstreams ongoing
Skills / experience
• Strong Business Analysis skills / techniques
• Data analysis / coding experience (VBA, T-SQL)
• Experience in regulatory reporting processes
• Accounting qualification preferred but not mandatory
• Understanding of the Asset Management industry
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Ability to develop close and effective working relationships and manage key stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.