Data Analyst - Italian News Classification
Deliver the Italian news that matters most to our clients. You're the type of person who always knows about the latest news trends and has a real passion for text analysis and technology. Help to build the product which, in an instant, can deliver news to change the direction of our clients' critically important business decisions.
Do you have the creativity, customer relationship and technical skills to help us further improve our Italian-language news product? If so, we are looking for you! What's the Role?
As a member of our News Indexing team, you will be responsible for automated classification of the world's most important Italian-language financial and economic news with the aim of further entrenching Bloomberg as the leader in the financial news market. You will use specialized software in order to create hierarchical rules that automatically classify Bloomberg and third-party news, as well as data from social media sites. You need to have a keen interest in news and perform research in order to identify news topics that are relevant to the Italian market and modify or create news classification rules accordingly. You will also identify opportunities to create efficiency in our processes and execute on your ideas.
In order to build the strongest local-language products, you will closely collaborate with our partners in Product Strategy, Sales, Analytics and Engineering to understand our clients' needs and build a market-leading Italian news product. You will also partner with our Sales and Analytics groups to promote our Italian news product and ensure strong customer uptake.
Finally, you will have the chance to be involved in the fields of statistical classification, natural language processing and text analysis as we build the next-generation of Bloomberg's proprietary news classification products. What we do in Content Indexing
We use proprietary and open-source software to automatically retrieve, parse, organize and tag news from social media sites, news feeds, web sites and other sources that run on the Bloomberg Professional Service. We also build and maintain our complex taxonomy of classification tags according to our clients' needs. Our work is not theoretical or hyper-specific - it is practical and impactful. What we look for:
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor's degree in disciplines such as Data Science, Linguistics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business, Finance, Library Science, or other computer-related specialization
- Native ability in spoken and written Italian
- Strong interest/ knowledge in financial and economic news
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven understanding of customer service and experience in building strong relationships with stakeholders
- 1 - 3 years of professional project management experience in information management with the ability to deliver on tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Italian market trends, themes and drivers
- Availability to start in January 2021
Does this sound like you?
- Experience working on data science projects and technologies, especially using NLP techniques to deal with unstructured text data
- Experience in editing, writing, curating or assigning news stories
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.