Data Analyst - Asset Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
My client, a top Asset Management company, are looking to fill a Data Analyst role.
To support the global front office investment management team by ensuring investment ready data is available in support of the portfolio
Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
1. Partners with internal teams and business partners to ensure integrity of investment related data. Including accurate and timely set up and
maintenance of security, pricing, and index data in our internal systems.
2. Analyze index and/or market events. Partner with portfolio managers and traders to accurately reflect projected benchmark and portfolio
3. Analyzes and resolves complex data exceptions and processes efficiently to ensure that data delivered to investment management teams
are accurate. Ensures daily deliverables are met by monitoring the team/system dashboard and supports proactive process excellence by
actively seeking ways to improve existing processes.
4. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal clients, global counterparts, business partners, and data providers
including those in EIG, RMG, and FFS. Able to anticipate and exceed client expectations.
5. Participates in new product implementations by reviewing Investment data needs, importing data from internal and external providers and
ensuring systems are properly set up for new trading. Communicates appropriately with all necessary stakeholders.
6. Leads and consults on new projects to ensure operational readiness upon implementation into a live environment. Utilizes project
management and change management tools and works closely with appropriate stakeholders.
7. Develops and maintains a strong understanding of all index provider methodologies, keeps up to date on methodology changes, and a
comprehensive conceptual understanding of data flows across all systems to recommend controls for data accuracy
8. Contributes to the development in other crew members. Promote positive influence towards a team ethic towards working collaboratively
in the department. Serves as a key point of contact for clients. Is cross-trained in critical team functions and is able to provide
technical guidance and on-the-job training.
9. Assists in the coordination and implementation of global and regional standards for investment data. Creates and maintains
comprehensive documentation of all current procedures and workflows.
10. Provides ongoing reporting to fulfill the needs of both regulatory bodies and internal partners.
Very strong excel experience, degree, 3 years in Asset Management Data Role.
Strong experience in Equity , Fixed Income and Deriviatives .
Very strong excel , access, working knowledge or VBA and SQL.