The data analyst will working closely with Enterprise and Solutions architects, database administrators, software developers and external vendors, Risk, Commercial Analytics and Information Security teams, the job holder will introduce management principles, practices and technologies in support of the firms Operational Resilience targets and objectives.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Advocate and champion good data governance across the wider business.
- Contribute to and implement the Data Governance framework and strategy.
- Discover and troubleshoot quality issues through root cause analysis and remediation to ensure accuracy.
- Identification and categorisation of data sources and structures.
- Implementation of data quality metrics and rules through the creation and maintenance of data quality dashboards.
- Establishing a monitoring and tracking regime for quality issues using a continuous improvement mindset.
- Data integrity checking, reconciliation and exception reporting.
- Design and implementation of data management standards, policies and procedures, remediation plans and cleansing strategies.
- Root cause analysis of data corruption.
- Establishing master data ensuring a golden source of truth exists that is readily accessible for business consumption.
- Working with the Enterprise Architecture team to map data flows, integration points and user journeys.
- Promote and embed effective data governance and ownership with the business and key stakeholders.
- To provide subject matter assistance to business analysts/solutions architects in systems design and definition.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency working with operating systems, databases, applications such as SharePoint, Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel), MS Dynamics, IBM PowerCloud.
- Hands-on databases and query skills (SQL/DB2), ETL, scripting languages (PowerShell,VBA, Python) and application programming interfaces (APIs), data visualisation tools (Tableau, Power BI, TM1), and cloud-based services & environments.
- Understanding of database design (ERDs, Relational database management systems, logical data models, normalisation, data dictionary, SQL programming, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) and the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Relational databases
- Familiarity with data streaming technologies.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and comfortable interrogating large data sets.
- Extensive working knowledge with statistical and analytical tools and packages.
- Solid understanding of data, information analysis, mining and reporting techniques.
- Ability to articulate complex issues, solutions and ideas to those with limited IT and systems knowledge, both written and verbal.
- Ability to liaise effectively and credibly with senior members of the business.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry, its regulator and money laundering regulations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, information management, or similar.
- Any relevant vocational Data Management or Architecture vocational certification/qualification/accreditation desirable.
- Experience with ‘Big Data’ (data layers/warehouses/lakes), automation and emerging data science technologies.
- Prior experience in a Data Governance/Quality role with practical knowledge of key Data privacy legislation, such as GDPR.