DTP Quantitative Developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strats are generalist software engineers. As a Strat you will be involved in all of software design, architecture specification, project management, implementation, requirements gathering, research engineering, DevOps, and cloud engineering.
- You will work in a globally distributed team of experienced Haskell developers. The role is highly development focused and you will use Haskell for almost all tasks: data analysis, database access, web services, large parallel tasks, quantitative models, solvers, cloud computing, everything. Your code will directly contribute to the core business of the bank, so writing high quality code is essential.
- We have positions available in London.
- We prefer experienced / senior developers, but extraordinary juniors will be considered too. Demonstrated experience in typed FP (Haskell, OCaml, F# etc) is required. We have over 4 million lines of Haskell, and our own Haskell compiler. In this context we look for skill in typed functional programming to capture and abstract over complex systems.
- Experience writing typed APIs to external systems such as databases, web services, pub/sub platforms is very desirable, as well as working knowledge of cloud-based software development. We like working code, so if you have Hackage or Github libraries, we want to see them. We also like StackOverflow answers, academic papers, or other arenas where you can show broad FP ability.
- You have project and client management skills: you will talk to users, understand their problems and then implement and deliver what they really need.
- The role is currently remote-only due to Covid-19, but physical presence in London will be required once all Covid-19-related restrictions are lifted. For excellent candidates we offer a relocation allowance if moving from abroad, and flexible working practices are possible.
Years Of Relevant Experience
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent 4+ years of experience.
- Exceptional candidates with a BSc degree are also encouraged to apply.
- Haskell or other typed functional programming language (OCaml, F#); computer science background; software design and engineering; project management and client communication; team management for senior roles.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.