DMS Client Support Associate
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
DMS Client Support Associate Grade:
07 (internal use only) The Location:
London, UK The Role:
A position as a 1st line of support for the main Feed product of S&P Global Market Intelligence Group, Xpressfeed. It involves learning about each of the data packages that we support, using accounting and Finance knowledge and SQL and technical skills in order to reply to our client's questions. The Team:
As part of the Data Management Solutions team (DMS) you will join a very collaborative and professional team where you will be able to gain broad knowledge within the financial world related to asset classes including Fixed Income, Commodities, and Equities. The Impact:
You will contribute to the team and company in a substantial way by answering client queries while showcasing your vast knowledge of our tools, data and the industry we cover. You will integrate into a group with high expectations and can expect to have a significant impact. Your position is critical as it is the link between the end-user and our products. Combining an expertise in our products with a deep understanding of who our clients are and how they use our tools, as a Client Service Associate, you will be a consultant providing best and most efficient ways for our clients to achieve quality results.
We particularly support the data feed products
https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence/en/solutions/xpressfeedtm https://www.marketplace.spglobal.com/en/ What's in it for you:
You will start in a junior role working with multiple levels of the team, you will move to a Data Application Specialist role after the initial 18 + months period. Due to frequent interactions with sales and product management, this is a highly transparent role with potential for growth outside the department. Responsibilities
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Respond to inquiries for data feed clients
- Improve your technical expertise with User Acceptance Testing (UAT), MS Excel, and SQL.
- Provide professional, timely, quality support of our feed-based products
- Recording accurate and timely tracking of client issues within our Client Relationship Management system
- Documentation of newly found solutions and product updates
- Collaboration with internal teams across the organization to route client concerns, improvement requests and sales leads
- Staying current on existing and newly developed product offerings
- H igh level of another European language (French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Experience in Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of corporate accounting statements such as the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively
- Team-player mentality with collaboration skills
- Flexible to changes in a dynamic environment
- Excel experience
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- 0-2 years working experience
- Knowledge of investments including private equity, public equity, fixed income, ETF's, mutual funds, commodities, etc.
- Proficiency with Capital IQ Platform/Products
- SQL basic knowledge
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. #LI-NJ1
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
265484 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom