DCPM/Middle Office Associate
Welcome to Natixis
At Natixis, we create tailor-made solutions in Asset & Wealth management, Corporate and Investment banking, Insurance, and payments, with over 16,000 staff members in 38 countries.
At Natixis, you have a great opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, agile and growing organisation, and to be part of an inspiring team. We offer a competitive remuneration package and generous total reward package and as an inclusive employer, we are also open to considering flexible working arrangements. We continuously work to create an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion in all its forms, across gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity and background. We believe this creates equal opportunities for our employees - and better outcomes for our clients and communities.
We are committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruitment process. Learn more Job Description
We are looking to recruit a Financing Middle Office professional to join the existing Middle Office team based in our London Office.
The London DCPM (Deal Closing & Portfolio Monitoring) / Financing Middle Office is responsible for supporting all business activities of Natixis London branch, including but not limited to Acquisition Finance, Infrastructure Finance, Aviation, Global Structured Credit and Solutions and Coverage.
As such it covers not only the traditional Financing Middle Office roles (in capacity of participant/lender role only) but also the tasks of the Loans Agency Middle Office (in capacity of Facility & Security Agent and for Bilateral transactions). Main Responsibilities of the role:
Day-to-day business activity management (primarily post-closing), including but not limited to; covenant and collateral processing, handling client queries (internal & external), updating all internal systems / databases / control check sheets, production and checking on monthly departmental reports.
The candidate will also be expected to assist with new deal closings and agency mandates. This will include, but not limited to:
- Reviewing the relevant loan agreement from an operability perspective and ensuring that the documentation adheres to Natixis's standards and the latest LMA / LSTA documentation;
- Liaising with the business, internal and external counsel in terms of any comments raised and ensuring that such points are negotiated to a successful outcome or raised to management;
- Identifying the documentation needed to on-board the transaction and ensuring that this is received from external counsel / the client on a timely basis;
- Capturing the deal in LoanIQ (directly from the loan agreement);
- Liaising with internal and external counsel to ensure that the relevant CPs are fulfilled;
- Reviewing any draft utilisation requests and funds flow as part of the closing process and where appropriate liaising with the business, equity sponsor and external counsel;
- Validating the utilisation request in accordance with group procedures and sending the validated request for processing to central back office team;
- Instructing the central back office team to process the fees due to the lenders at closing;
- Liaising with Syndications, KYC team and the Back Office Ops team to ensure primary syndication is settled within the agreed timelines;
- Proactively managing the portfolio of deals by ensuring that all loan and contingent liability instructions are received from the relevant clients on a timely basis;
- Identifying any financial covenants due and liaising with the relevant client to ensure timely delivery;
- Processing any waiver / amendment request received. This is an end to end process and so will involve collaboration with the lenders, external counsel, the client and the equity sponsor;
- Validating any secondary sale received as agent and coordinating with the KYC, Sales, and back office teams to ensure that the transfer can / and is processed;
• A good understanding of banking loans
• LoanIQ experience ideally but not essential
• High level system skills (Excel/Microsoft Office)
• Exposure and knowledge of Structured Finance deals (Acquisition Finance, Infrastructure)
• Be a good team player
• Must be a client focussed