DBA/ Data Engineer - Hedge Fund - Front Office - Systematic Strategies
We are currently working with an exciting hedge fund, who are looking to expand their front office data team and are looking for someone from both a database administration and engineering background.
They are happy to look at candidates who are from a DBA background and want to go into a Data Engineer role but or even a data analyst background but seeking a more technical position.
To apply you should have:
• Comfortable to work with SQL Databases - MySQL, Postgres, know about performance optimisation methods and features
• Python, development for process management ( knowledge of AirFlow is an advantage)
• Python libraries for working with files and DBs (knowledge of SQLAlchemy is an advantage)
• Linux - basic SysAdmin: understanding file system, processes, networking, scheduling, etc.
• Able to work easily with mainstream files formats: JSON, YAML, CVS
• Building end to end Data Pipelines.
• Keen on taking initiative and owning their responsibilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Multi-Billion-dollar Hedge fund within a team which is growing rapidly. This role will give you the opportunity to take ownership of the data engineering technology stack and all related processes and procedures, where you will be reporting directly into the Head of Data and gain exposure to systematic strategies.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org