Cyber Security Manager
The Cyber Security, Privacy and Payments teams need to be strengthened with staff having deep, SME knowledge of cyber security and payments, particularly payments, and the associated risks and requisite control frameworks. This knowledge must be supplemented with extensive auditing experience. While there are resources with project management skills we need accomplished auditors with extensive audit and assurance experience supported by good documentation and reporting skills. We’re looking to expand our payments portfolio given client concerns and consultancy needs on increasing payments regulatory requirements
~~Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Helping clients of all shapes and sizes, in business risk service we support businesses by providing the necessary advice to help them manage and improve their business performance. You’ll provide organisations of many different sizes with the advice and solutions they need to navigate complex risks and challenges. You’ll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
What you’ll be doing:
Perform and manage technical cyber security and data protection audits and assurance work across a number of clients:
•Strong understanding of cyber security and data security risks and controls;
•Good understanding of wider IT risks and controls;
•Good understanding of audit processes, preferably with audit experience;
•Strong knowledge of frameworks, standards and regulatory requirements related to information security and data protection;
•Good technical knowledge of network security, key IT technologies, commercial security management and monitoring tools and services;
•Good knowledge of current and emerging cyber security risks;
•Excellent documentation and reporting skills.
•Payments systems and supporting IT infrastructure
• attends external events to create networks and potential new opportunities
• identifies and manages changes to the business unit
• helps to develop new products and services
• actively involved in office marketing events, is an 'ambassador' of the firm, is aware of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products, whilst pro actively identifying cross selling opportunities
• ensure clients are aware of other services that can be provided by the firm and understands the firm's position in the market and its competitive advantage
• manages a portfolio of existing client relationships
• builds and maintains good working relationships with all clients and colleagues
• develops audit committee papers for presentation to the partner and in accordance to client timetable
• attends audit committee meetings and leads client liaison meetings
• interview candidates for new positions.
• contributes to the motivation and commitment of the team in order to realise the team objectives and achieve results
• carry out formal appraisals as part of counsellor role. Write/input into all assignment appraisals for junior employees and complete six-monthly appraisal on a timely basis.
• coach and mentoring role for staff for all levels, ensuring staff are given tasks to assist in their development.
• Recognises effective performance, identifies and takes corrective action with performance issue
• attends training to develop technical and personal skills. Takes proactive steps to develop self awareness and performance (e.g. psychometric profiling; 360 degree feedback and reading appropriate sector journals)
• adheres to the firm's risk management policies and procedures
Operations and results
• takes responsibility for engagement administration
• attends planning meeting
• ensures assignments are appropriately scheduled and resourced
• ensures terms of reference / audit planning documents are agreed by the client prior to review commencing
• agrees budgets for review with partner and/or client
• reviews existing work programme to ensure alignment to terms of reference
• ensures the effective allocation of resource for assignments, proactively maximises efficiencies and provides development opportunities to the team
• ensures effective team working and to the firms methodologies, and that tasks are appropriately delegated with all information to support key decisions documented
• ensures scope of review is being met and that team are working to the firms methodologies
• keeps abreast of issues as they arise through liaison with the team
• attends close-out meetings with the client and has a full understanding of issues discussed.
• sets expectations for production of draft report to team.
• ensures draft report is of a high standard prior to submission to partner or client. and review points from the partner and client comments are addressed prior to final deliverable
• ensures appropriate updates to the action tracker are processed
• ensures files are completed to the firms methodology
• monitors WIP for clients on regular, e.g. monthly basis, and manages WIP to keep at a minimum level and minimising write-offs
• monitors invoices raised and cash collected in a timely manner to ensure aged debtors do not escalate
• assists in negotiating and raising fees where appropriate
Who we're looking for:
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
•Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
•We create sustainable value for our clients
•We are better together
•Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
•We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.