Customer Service Advisor - Collections
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever. The team
The Collections & Recoveries team carry out all debt collection procedures with their own unique approach that is defining the collections culture in the peer-to-business market. What will you be doing?
We are looking for Collections Executive's in London to join a strong and highly performing team. This role will involve a mix of remote working and office working.
- Supporting SME business owners who are facing financial difficulties over the telephone and via written communication to effectively understand the cause, diagnosis and prognosis of their businesses financial situation, negotiating an outcome which is appropriate for both the borrower and our Investors.
- Building rapport with our Borrowers to understand their needs and expectations, meeting these consistently through commitment to our quality framework delivering an outstanding service.
- In communication you will always provide support to our small business customers and protect our investor returns, managing accounts with a strong focus on cash collection and aged debt clearance, always trying to minimise loans defaulting.
- Handle Borrower dissatisfaction in an appropriate and professional manner and adhere to our complaints / escalation process.
- Comply with all appropriate regulatory and FCA guidelines which are pertinent to Borrowers, Colleagues and Investors.
Why join us?
- Someone from a diverse background - This role would suit someone from a Customer facing role/environment (6 months+) within a Financial Services organisation, OR it could equally suit a recent graduate or post apprenticeship.
- An individual with a competitive nature - always striving to outperform and improve yourself.
- Driven by KPI based targets and motivated to achieve your monthly targets
- Organised with great attention to detail, and ability to use multiple systems concurrently in the workplace.
- Able to empathise with borrowers and the commitment to assist them in solving issues through your first class customer service skills.
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say "I was there". Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many - including yours. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we're building a culture where difference is valued. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.