Cross Risk Project Manager - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 14 Dec 17 2017-12-14
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base, liquidity and franchise. The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process. Within the EMEA Risk Management Division, the recently established EMEA Central Projects Governance team co-ordinates across multiple risk pillars to deliver cross-functional projects.
A project manager is required to lead the delivery of strategic initiatives for the Risk Department. The role broadly covers regulatory and risk framework projects including eTrading.
The role-holder is responsible for the following:
• Project management of strategic cross-functional programme of work including eTrading for the Risk Department.
• Enforcement of strong project management discipline.
• Senior stakeholder management including escalating and resolving issues as necessary.
• Project execution, including developing project plans and tracking delivery.
• Documentation of business requirements in partnership with clients as appropriate.
• Strong background in risk project leadership.
• Strong background in risk governance and project management for cross risk deliveries.
• Ability to deliver high profile regulatory change.
• Good understanding of key risk concepts including eTrading.
• Expert in project management discipline and techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical capability with close attention to detail.
• Ability to work with diverse stakeholders including Front Office and Technology at all levels of seniority.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a Finance related discipline.
• PRINCE2 Practitioner.
• Background ideally includes experience with project managing cross-functional risk management projects including eTrading.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CL1