Cross Asset Class Legal Entity Market Risk Manager – Executive Director
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base, liquidity and franchise. The EMEA Market Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market risk exposures arising from EMEA and UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a professional with experience in a multi-disciplined risk management function to serve as an Executive Director in the Market Risk Department in London. The role will cover cross asset class risk management and the individual will be expected to deal directly with the EMEA and UK Group Head of Market Risk. We seek candidates with a strong desire to learn and the ability to work well as both an individual and as a member of the larger regional and global team.
Core responsibilities include:
• Provide independent oversight and control of cross asset class market risks.
• Continuously monitor the financial markets and measure the impact on MS’s portfolio.
• Assess the suitability and performance of pricing and risk models. Work with relevant groups to address deficiencies.
• Ensure Legal Entity risk reporting is fit for purpose and develop any new reporting required.
• Understand P&L drivers and construct any necessary tools to facilitate risk and P&L analysis.
• Create and deliver presentations articulating key risks and portfolio changes to senior management in a timely fashion.
• Coordinate as necessary with other functional groups including risk analytics, front office strats, operations, risk reporting, regulatory and capital groups and maintain active dialogue with trading desks, corporate treasury, risk management colleagues, and other support groups regarding trading and hedging strategies, risk representation, and limit compliance.
• Drive the delivery of strategic risk projects including FRTB and trader mandates (application and consistency).
• Implementation of the governance and controls policy for MRD.
• Adapt and expand the role as the business evolves.
• Strong knowledge of financial products is essential, including an understanding of risk representations (including greeks) and a solid understanding of risk management concepts such as VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis, and capital is required.
• An excellent academic background or strong analytical background.
• Additional qualifications, such as an FRM, would also be looked upon favorably.
• The risk analysis produced by the department is used to brief senior management and needs to be both timely and accurate. It is therefore essential that candidates are able to demonstrate diligence as well as strong quantitative and investigative skills.
• Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will also be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects.
• Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently.
• Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CL1