Credit Trade Support - European Investment Bank
- £45,000 - £50,000 + bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- B&FS Finance
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
A leading European Investment Bank is seeking a Credit Trade Support Analyst to join their London office working across the structured credit and flow credit desks.
The role fall within the GMO Credit / Compressions & Clearing Trade Support
Credit Flow products
The trade support ensures that Credit Flow transactions registered in the books under CIB ITO’s mandate match the commitment taken with counterparties within a secure setup, in accordance with Group and Regulatory Policies and/or the contractual agreements. The main covered processes for these transactions include booking, validation, transaction event related follow-up validation through a secure framework.
The trade support is accountable for:
- Transaction events follow-up and validation during the whole lifecycle of the deal;
- Applying and respect the A/C CIB Policy;
- Implementing the relevant controls ensuring the accuracy of the transactions on the official books & records systems;
Credit Structured products
Product Control ensures the “Trade support” functions in terms of trade capture (or amend/cancel) and trade validation where the process cannot be considered as flow and product oriented for Exotic products.
- Coordinates operations and other functions in the set-up of new complex montage and during their lifecycle in order to ensure
- Proper settlement of the operations vis a vis the client
- Proper calculation of the economic P&L
- Compliance with accounting rules
- Proper production of the accounting in relation with Finance
- Ensures the booking validation of exotic products (booked with FOCUS FLEX) vs Term sheet, legal or similar documentation at inception and during their lifecycle.
- Accountable for the independent validation of the booking at deal inception, or during the lifecycle. (Except in some cases where no “template” or pre-defined guidelines exist, GRM is responsible for this validation)
- Responsible for amendments (where the application of the amend/cancel policy defines that operations are in charge of it) and for getting FO validation. Amendments can be due to trade life cycle or to error corrections.
- In particular accountable for the control of the valuation models used for exotic products, per guidelines validated with the business and GRM.
CREDIT TRADE SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of flow of new trades and amendments from Front Office system (FOCUS) to Back Office system (Murex), manually booking and amending in Murex where necessary.
- Reconciliation between Front Office systems and Back Office system, checking Present Value are in line.
- Working with Middle Office P&L and confirmations teams to reduce operational risk and maintain highest levels of support for each portfolio.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with other internal clients such as legal, marketers, trading & back office.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of rebooking initiatives, migrations
- Oversee all reconciliations and reports in the area and investigations are completed on a timely basis.
- Dealing with queries from back-office, marketers and clients, relating to booking discrepancies.
- Provide cover for other members of the Trade Support team when necessary, ability to flex between teams depending on daily volume and demand.
- Management of Options
- Contribute to the implementation of new system functionalities and raise IT requirements for bug fixing or system enhancements when possible.
- Participate in Transversal projects.
- Co-ordinate the processing of Credit Events.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Positive and dynamic attitude to complying with deadlines and objectives.
- High degree of interest in product and process issues affecting the department.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise workload and escalate issues to management.
- Have strong interpersonal / communication skills.
- The candidate must display a very professional attitude and be willing to work long hours if the workload is high.
- Credit flow
- Credit structured
- Team Spirit
- Motivation and Commitment
- Controls and Production
- Results Orientation
- Analytical and Organisational skills
If you wish to apply for this role please send your CV through to email@example.com