Within Markets Capital, the team Valuation & Risk Control is in charge of * Analysis of the standard parameters allowing to calculate the valuation of the books, * Monitoring of "local" risk limits and analysis of the results realized on the books in the light of the mandates of the traders. * Control of the good use of the models and their parameter setting for the calculation of the official result.
We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they're a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Credit Trade Analyst - Valuation Risk for a (12 Month) contract based in London City
Purpose of the Role:
- Analysis of the standard parameters allowing to calculate the valuation of the books,
- Monitoring of "local" risk limits and analysis of the results realised on the books in the light of the mandates of the traders.
- Control of the good use of the models and their parameter setting for the calculation of the official result.
- Management of the « abnormal trading patterns » follow up process
- Follow-up of the projects on the market data and the economic P&L
- Management of the "X-Risks" Dashboard
The Valuation & Risk Control team intervenes on the whole perimeter where Capital Markets is present, meaning on the principal money markets (New York, London, Hong-Kong, Tokyo, etc).
Paris GECD Valuation & Risk Control is part of the Capital Markets Valuation & Risk Control.
Valuation & Risk Control Capital Markets reports to the global COO of Markets Capital.
As a Credit Trade Analyst - Valuation Risk you will be responsible for:
- Implementation of new processes where the responsibility is being transferred from another team. Identify and request pricing methodology updates with the help of the Market Risk team
- Implementation of new processes coming from regulators decisions
- Work on the automation of manual processes launched via Excel/VBA/Python spreadsheets and/or Access databases
- Improve our internal systems with the help of IT teams
- Be proactive in the propositions fr the improvement of the actuals process/methodologies
- Ensure the independent verification of prices for Equity Derivatives activity (EQD)
- Produce reports highlighting the underlying coverage and the IPV (Independent Price Verification) results
- Ensure the control and the validation of the pricing methodologies used for the Official Profit & Loss calculation
- Ensure a close follow up on the market data cartography and pricing config cartography
- Analyse the risks on the trading books
What we require from the candidate:
- Excellent knowledge in Math's or Statistics
- 2 years BA background would be a benefit
- Strong knowledge on a wide range of derivatives products with a good appreciation of their pricing drivers
- Strong programming skills in Python, Excel/VBA & Access
- To be able to work in a demanding environment, with the ability to work well under strong pressure.
- Fluent English spoken
- Excellent communication, quantitative and analytic skills
- To work in a climate of confidence and to adhere to a project or a new organization
- To be very self-disciplined, reactive, able to take initiatives and autonomous in its job
- Constant worry of the good quality of the rendered customer service
- Strong team player as it is important to interact successfully with other team members and management.
- Sense of the risk
- Creativity and Innovation / Ability to solve issues
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business