Credit Strategy Analyst
Credit Strategy Analyst
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So , we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
• Set up Funding Circle's credit risk strategies, with a clear focus on delivering both stable and predictable credit loss performance, as well as business growth
• Ensure that the pricing of loans is consistent with investors' targeted returns and expected defaults. Monitor performance and drive change as needed.
• Shape and guide business decisions, by carrying out ad-hoc analysis, and providing credit risk insights and recommendations
• See projects right through to completion, by leading on the implementation efforts and developing testing & ongoing monitoring plans
It would be great if you have :
• At least 1 - 2 years' experience in a risk strategy setting, ideally within SME or retail lending environment
• Proven track record of driving strategic changes within an organisation
• Exceptional problem solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Working knowledge of SQL
• One other programming language (R, SAS, Python)
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad . A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.