Credit Specialist - Credit Control, IWM # 108200
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfill our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
You will be managing a comprehensive set of controls over the Lending business, across all applicable portfolios which includes:
- Checking that facilities are approved by the appropriate designated authority level.
- Credit authorisations are in compliance with all relevant directives and the global credit policy.
- Ensure that all appropriate legal and collateral documentation is complete and effective (inclusive of registration where applicable), and is compliant to the relevant credit authorisation.
- Ensure documentation is assessed in accordance with client type, inclusive of in-depth checks within the documentation itself thus reducing risk, and ensuring all is in order prior to the release of funds or trading activity being permitted.
- Ensure limits are only authorised in Globus after successful completion of the final control procedure.
- Where necessary ensure that all documentation risks identified and brought to the attention of Legal and Compliance and the Head of Credit Risk Management.
- Review and implement Credit Control procedures controls and process flows to improve efficiency.
- Accurately monitor and report upon credit related transactions within the Lombard and Real Estate Portfolios both within CRM, the local Credit Risk Committee and the wider CS AG Group.
- Ensure continuous optimization of credit and credit-related procedures, processes, risk control tools and IT systems, in daily business and through lead in projects.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- She / he will have commercial experience in a similar credit related function, preferably within a wealth management bank.
- You will have product knowledge of mortgages, Lombard facilities (fixed advances, overdrafts, bank guarantees) as well as derivatives and their use.
- High attention to detail, with an emphasis on accuracy and delivering on tight deadlines.
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge.
- Experience of private client legal documentation - i.e. lending and security documentation for both individuals, corporate and Trust entities would be advantageous, as would knowledge of mortgage finance.