Credit Service Administrator
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 20 Oct 18
Credit Service Administrator
Description of Role and Key Responsibilities
Credit Risk and Legal Support is a division within Global Lending Operations of Investec Bank who operate across Private Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking and also Group divisions.
This is currently a team of three people within the GLO - Credit Servicing was established five years ago but is constantly evolving as the landscape of our roadmap dynamically changes in line with business and regulatory requirements most recently impacted by the implication of IFRS09 Accounting Standard.
This role involves the management of many different aspects of credit administration including, but not limited to, Credit Gatekeeping of Lending Limits and Structures, monthly reporting of Expired Loans, Bi-monthly reporting of Arrears which includes input and preparation of IFRS09 and requires the ability to review and forecast the implications of movements within these processes.
Much of the next year will be spent designing, evaluating capturing, enriching and reconciling data as we strengthen and enhance our offering to the businesses we support. Whilst the core responsibilities are listed below, as mentioned above credit systems and processes constantly evolving and the development/implementation of these changes will form a part of the role, in addition to day to day responsibility.
Responsibilities: ADR management & reporting
- Monitor and capture arrears/ excess for lending transactions
- Executing the operational process around the capture for estimated credit loss (ECL), and staging allocations
- Proactive approach to arrears forecasting, highlighting high risk loans
- Responsible for producing reports as and when required for all levels of management within the bank
- Forbearance Management, Monitoring and Reporting
- Responsible for aspects of monthly/ mid-month reporting cycles for Credit, Financial Control and Regulatory Reporting to enable production of the monthly ADR pack
- Query Management in relation to Credit related issues
- Responsible for deal activity and ongoing structure maintenance sources entirely from the Credit Structure/ Sanctioned minute so a knowledge of credit minutes is essential
- Proactive enhancement of in-house systems & output reporting
- Writing and maintenance of procedure manual pertaining to the above
- Strong Credit/Risk/Accounting background
- Knowledge of Forbearance
- Familiar with IFRS9 (desired
- Ability to understand and interpret Credit Minutes
- Ability to understand arrears positions and forecast mid and month end positions
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Organised and methodical approach to tasks and ability to multitask
- Flexible; the role will develop and change as the department evolves.
- Strong team player and ability to collaborate
- Attention to detail is essential
- Enthusiasm; must be a self a starter and have proactive approach
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate effectively