Credit Risk Reporting AVP
Global investment bank seeks AVP level Credit Risk Reporting candidate as part of their expanding Portfolio Analysis team.
Working as part of the Portfolio Analysis and Reporting team, the successful candidate will :
Develop, manage and refine qualitative and quantitative risk reporting (MI) which meets the needs of the Board, in order to support effective decision making.
Produce analytics and reporting packs to provide meaningful and useful insights on Portfolio trends and movements.
Enhance and streamline the existing reporting suites and the associated processes. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, you will be responsible for Portfolio Reporting and Analysis across the bank.
Produce various types of the Portfolio credit risk reports.
Analyse the credit risk data, draw inferences and provide suitable explanation / commentary for the portfolio credit risk reports. Prepare and present various risk reports to senior management and committees. Ensure timely production and delivery of the credit risk reports. Conducting deep dive analysis of multiple segments of credit portfolio.
Make sure credit risk measurement methodologies are adequate and accountable.
Continuously improve existing reporting processes, data infrastructure and risk reporting packs, while coordinating with the bank's global credit risk management framework. Enhance our existing process of calculating Regulatory capital and Economic capital using KMV Risk Frontier tool.
Plan and coordinate projects.
Identify sources of credit risk data that are currently not available in our risk systems and design new processes to capture the required data. Work with Risk IT to capture, maintain and make the new information available in downstream Risk reporting systems. Ensure smooth functioning of reporting activities and assist Risk IT to resolve the operational issues
Support Data management activities in Risk System.
Support another team member on Data management activities for maintaining Credit Risk data in the Risk System. Identify and resolve data quality issues within Risk systems and if needed interact with other departments to resolve the DQ issues at the source. Provide assistance in conducting Data clean-up and recon exercises as required SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Good knowledge of Credit Risk Management and various Credit Risk measurement techniques
- Ability to handle, analyses and interpret a wide variety of large datasets
- A basic knowledge of Regulatory (Basel) capital framework
- A basic knowledge of Counterparty Credit risk for Derivatives
- Strong Excel Skills
- Working knowledge of MS office products (esp. MS PowerPoint, MS Access)
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to present and communicate Portfolio Trends and analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Good understanding of financial products
- Flexible, positive and proactive mindset to identify and implement opportunities for improvement of processes and systems
- Collaborative, team player
- A strong understanding of risk management within banking, including within the credit and portfolio management area.
- A strong knowledge of different asset classes
- basic knowledge of Economic Capital Framework/ Moody's Risk Frontier / EDF
- Experience of working in the Credit Risk Management area in Corporate and Investment banking (Essential)
- Experience of working in Portfolio Reporting or Credit Portfolio Management area (Preferred).
Education / Qualifications:
- Schooling Completed / Undergraduate Completed (Essential)
- Degree in some numeric discipline e.g. Math, Economics, Business, Statistics (Preferred)
- The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.