Credit Risk Management, Consultant
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
In recognition of the increasing need to expand credit monitoring, reporting and approval process in EMEA particularly for intra-day credit, Northern Trust is looking to expand its risk management capability with the recruitment of an experienced risk individual who can play a key support role in the ongoing development of this work.
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Prudential and Markets Risk, you will support the EMEA Corporate team in delivery of a wide programme of work. This role will enable an established risk professional to gain breadth of experience as well as the ability to apply, challenge and enhance the established framework. For the right candidate, this role provides an excellent opportunity for personal and professional development particularly as a level of cross-training with other EMEA risk practices is expected.
Support the ongoing adherence to the NT Corporate Credit Policy in EMEA through maintenance and enhancement of EMEA specific credit policies and credit risk models (plus associated documentation);
• Ensuring EMEA specific credit risks are appropriately described, monitored, controlled and reported as appropriate and in a timely manner
• Confirm and report EMEA specific credit risk-taking activity is within stated risk appetites
• Completing Credit risk assessments for EMEAICAAP entities using analytical models where necessary
• Update ICAAP documentation and Pillar 2 stresses for relevant EMEA legal entities
• Providing credit risk subject matter expertise input into proposed product or process changes reporting, providing ad hoc risk summaries or reporting for executive use.
• Ensure EMEA specific credit risk models are in line with NT Model policy and carry out necessary model validations and governance approvals at both a corporate and legal entity level
• Ensure all EMEA credit policies and any related frameworks are appropriately documented and approved
• Provide subject matter input into client or product discussions that may impact NT’s credit risk profile
• Provide back-up credit approval authority for a EMEA specific credit risks with a view to providing primary intra-day credit authority for intraday credit provision to EMEA custody clients
• Support broader Corporate Risk initiatives for cross-training in risk practices.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Proactive and “hands-on” approach to all tasks
• Proven analytical and diagnostic skills
• Exposure and practical application to credit risk concepts
• Ability to prioritise, manage & deliver to multiple or competing deadlines
• Ability to articulate & partner across various internal functions; proven written & communication skills
• Able to work under direction, as part of a team whilst demonstrating an innovative approach to work
• Numerate and IT literate (MS Office)
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $139 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management