Credit Risk EMEA Real Estate - Vice President
Vice President role in the Real Estate & Structured Finance Team's within Wholesale Credit Risk EMEA. The role will cover a wide range of clients in the Real Estate, Real Estate backed and Asset backed markets in EMEA. Job Summary and Responsibilities
A Vice President in the Real Estate & Structured Finance Team's primary responsibilities are:
Qualifications & Experience
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting new transactions including secured and unsecured syndicated loans, bilateral loans, Real Estate backed (or Real Estate linked) and Asset Backed loans/warehouses, and complex derivatives
- Facilitating flow business by establishing documentation and maintaining limits for trade finance and derivatives (eg interest rate swaps, FX, Repos, commodities).
- Leading due diligence, credit analysis and modelling of transactions, in order to assess the credit worthiness of counterparties and make recommendations as to appropriate structure, risk appetite and risk grading.
- Project managing the execution, closing, and funding of transactions
- Ongoing credit risk portfolio management including ongoing monitoring of performance, analysis of amendment and waiver requests
- Ongoing credit relationship management of portfolio companies
- Oversees analyst and associate work on key metrics to ensure all issues have been solved or escalated in a timely manner. Provide guidance and feedback on their work, especially around how to improve efficiency
- Coach and train more junior members of the team to think holistically about risk
The following specific skills and experience are required to perform the role:
- Demonstrate strong credit skills and judgment, with an intensive 'hands on' approach to analysing the details of credit and structure
- Have good knowledge of transaction structures, documentation and banking products sufficient to assist with (or sometimes lead) the execution of new deals and amendments.
- Experience in structuring and executing loan financing in the real estate sector as well as new securitizations is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Be able to establish credibility and trust with clients, product specialists and credit executives, and to partner with them effectively
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong communication skill: ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner.
- Ability to think laterally around risk, particularly outside of credit risk
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently while also being able to work effectively in a team environment. Desire and willingness to take ownership of various credit risk responsibilities.
- Understanding of front office processes and ability to balance necessities of credit risk management with commercial requirements. Ability to build rapport and influence change.
- Experience managing resources and managing deal processes.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience carrying out a similar position/function in a comparable environment
- Degree qualified