The role is for an experienced Credit Risk Business Analyst who specialises in Risk and Finance Change the Bank initiatives. The role is to liaise with the Risk and Finance teams together with Technology change teams to support the Credit Risk reporting and technology support teams to deliver a critical system migration project. The Bank is migrating an end of life legacy instrument static and market data platform to a new in-house built system to reduce operational risk and improve the bank’s capabilities. A strong business analysis is required to assist with analysis, solution definition and testing.
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Credit Risk Business Analyst with a major focus on commodities (physical gas, oil, coal and energy as a whole).
Analysis and Solution Definition:
- Rapidly understands the business issues and data challenges associated with our Risk and Finance organisation and any impacts on our Technology landscape.
- Lead workshops to obtain requirements from stakeholders.
- Develop high quality business requirements, functional specifications (including interface definition documents), business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Work with IT team to ensure business requirements and functional specifications are understood and reflected in the IT documents.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to deal with colleagues and users at all levels of seniority.
System and User Acceptance Testing:
- Prepare test plans and manage testing from a Credit Risk perspective, in particular where there are cross-functional dependencies.
- Develop detailed test cases and expected outcomes.
- Perform testing and once complete, support user throughout the project life cycle and as part of go-live activities.
- Act as primary liaison between users and Technology change teams to communicate changes to development team.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- Solid understanding of and experience in Credit Risk principles, methodologies, measures, systems, operating models and processes.
- End-to-end hands on experience in market data or instrument reference data projects from a Credit Risk perspective.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, MS Office, SQL, XML, jira, continuous deployment frameworks.
- Good working experience with FIS Adaptiv Credit Risk Manager and Adaptiv Analytics are advantageous.
- Good communicator (written and verbal), succinct and articulate.
- Self-starter, well-organised and able to work independently.
- Able to work with remote teams.
- Able to deal with and influence a wide range of stakeholders across different levels.
- Strong attention to detail and able to understand issues in sufficient depth to explain to senior management
- Technical mindset with strong analysis and problem solving skills with a pragmatic, common sense approach.
- Proactive, anticipates issues rather than waiting for them to materialise and reacting
- “Hands on” approach and willing to help out with other tasks as appropriate.
- Ability to contribute on multiple project workstreams in parallel.
- Calm and resilient when under pressure.
- Personable, a team player and able to build strong working relationships.