Credit Risk Appetite Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Credit Risk Appetite Manager
- We're looking for a competent credit risk professional to join us in Credit Risk
- As Credit Risk Appetite Manager, you'll have a real impact on our risk management responsibilities
- Working in a cutting edge arena, you'll have the opportunity to build your profile as you collaborate with a variety of different stakeholders and business areas throughout the organisation, defining and setting the credit risk appetite for the bank
- We believe that flexible working can make a real difference to your wellbeing and professional development, so you'll have access to a range of flexible working arrangements
What you'll do
You'll play an integral role in supporting the design and development of methodologies to link our bank-wide strategic risk appetite to the credit risk appetite and associated control frameworks.
Working with the wider Risk Management function, you'll be responsible for assessing the capital adequacy of credit assets and helping to embed the use of economic capital and stress testing tools for credit risk appetite. You'll also be directly involved in strategic decision making relating to the bank's credit risk appetite.
You'll also be:
- Accountable for ensuring effective controls are in place to support our customers and meet internal and external business partner expectations
- Providing expert support, advice, management information and escalation to leaders and the business on risk management
- Making sure controls are compliant with regulatory requirements
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you'll need experience of developing, implementing and overseeing the on-going operation of frameworks for managing credit risk appetite within a banking, financial markets or consulting environment.
You'll also have experience of:
- Interpreting a wide range of credit risk measures, including PD, LGD, EAD, economic capital and stress testing
- Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and capital adequacy review
- Developing, implementing and overseeing credit risk appetite
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to confidently engage with senior stakeholders on different topics
- The ability to challenge the work of others and ensure analysis is accurate and conclusions are sound
- Working within, and delivering, change projects, including a good working knowledge of project management techniques
- The ability to operate cross-divisionally and cross-functionally within a large complex organisation, where planning and interpersonal skills are critical to success
- A logical, creative and flexible approach to problem solving, with the ability to support and inspire others to do the same
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.