- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 21 Mar 18
Credit Risk Analyst - Lending and Principal Investments
The Credit Risk division is responsible for analysing and assessing all credit and equity exposures taken by Macquarie, to minimise the risk of loss arising from failure of counterparties to repay loans or honour contracts. Credit is als responsible for
About the Role
The Credit Risk division is responsible for analysing and assessing all credit and equity exposures taken by Macquarie, to minimise the risk of loss arising from failure of counterparties to repay loans or honour contracts. Credit is also responsible for undertaking reviews of counterparties and transactions and establishing appropriate limit frameworks. On principal transactions, Credit works with the deal teams to develop risk mitigation strategies.
As a result of continued growth in EMEA, including significant activity in the green energy space, we are seeking a talented individual to join the Credit Risk team in London. Partnering with businesses in the region, the candidate will assist in the execution and structuring of debt and equity transactions including principal investments, LBO, renewable energy and infrastructure project and structured finance transactions. Working as part of a high profile team who deal extensively with senior management, the candidate will analyse complex transactions in a deal oriented environment.
The variety of work offers unmatched learning and development opportunities and provides a unique opportunity to view business activities across Macquarie.
- Sector or counterparty specific market analysis, forecasting likely impact of changing market conditions on a transaction or counterparty operating environment
- Review of financial models and sensitivity analysis
- Due diligence of documentation, to expose any covenants or clauses that may impact the structure or pricing of a transaction
- Presentation of investment recommendations to transaction team leaders and senior Credit approvers
- Annual review of existing limits and self-initiated monitoring of market performance and outlook of counterparties
- Portfolio analysis and stress testing
- 1 - 4 years of Credit Risk experience
- Experience gained within project, leverage or structured finance, debt advisory or ratings agency
- Confidently numerate; able to distil, assess and test validity of high volumes, and complex data
- Financial modelling skills
- High degree of ownership, delivery and timeliness
- Build strong, open, dialogue-based relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong commercial judgement and understanding of business and risk-related issues
- Persuasive communication skills (both written and verbal) and confidence when being challenged
- German, French, Spanish or Italian speaker
- Outstanding qualifications in finance, economics, engineering, or other quantitative disciplines
Macquarie encourages its business units to be innovative and entrepreneurial within defined risk parameters. Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent unit, responsible for assessing, quantifying and mitigating risks across the businesses. Credit is a division within RMG, alongside Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
RMG’s principal responsibility is to take an independent view on all of the risk decisions made by the business and approves Macquarie's principal transactions, new businesses and new products. RMG is a key factor in Macquarie’s success and is viewed as a valued partner in supporting the growth of all of Macquarie's businesses.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.